What do you look for in a modded minecraft Let's play on youtube?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
B

BaconsTV

I'm only seeing a couple spotlights on the Floricraft mod, none in English, so that might be an opportunity to draw in a few new MineCraft viewers.
Hey thanks for the suggestion. My last uplaod was about growing stuff lol, agricraft which I fully automate with drones, you just need to make the seed and forget about it :D . Ill check that mod out tho thanks :D

scottvee

Jul 29, 2019
This is actually a much more interesting question than I first thought. It depends on my mood. I can tolerate annoying voices, and droning voices, but a really good personality does add points. Begging me to hit buttons, no, just stop it. Absolutely hyperactive bouncing around and always spinning the camera just makes be want to barf. Sit the heck down and complete a sentence already. Sometimes I want a tutorial or a mod spotlight, and yes, it's usually on really obscure or new mods -- like Pinkly Sheep, I have yet to see someone try to explain the madness of it. Other times I want to see a build, and I can have hours of city building or nether fortress makeovers going on in the background. And some youtubers (oh, Squiddy) are just so dang funny together, that I can CrazyCraft with them any time, whatever they choose to do, or forget they were doing, it's like a friendly asylum over there. No problem going over some allotted time, I'm not keeping track, but also learn to cut away if something is going to be a snooze.

Reactions: BaconsTV
B

BaconsTV

This is actually a much more interesting question than I first thought. It depends on my mood. I can tolerate annoying voices, and droning voices, but a really good personality does add points. Begging me to hit buttons, no, just stop it. Absolutely hyperactive bouncing around and always spinning the camera just makes be want to barf. Sit the heck down and complete a sentence already. Sometimes I want a tutorial or a mod spotlight, and yes, it's usually on really obscure or new mods -- like Pinkly Sheep, I have yet to see someone try to explain the madness of it. Other times I want to see a build, and I can have hours of city building or nether fortress makeovers going on in the background. And some youtubers (oh, Squiddy) are just so dang funny together, that I can CrazyCraft with them any time, whatever they choose to do, or forget they were doing, it's like a friendly asylum over there. No problem going over some allotted time, I'm not keeping track, but also learn to cut away if something is going to be a snooze.

Some very good points indeed. My last "buildy" upload didnt get much attention tho, even I love the build uploads people do. It shows creativeness and some uniqueness even if they follow some image of a building, more so if its a skyblock as most tend to do the random square pads with chiseled cobble. Never heard of the pinkly sheep lol, there are sooo many mods out there its quite awesome and overwhelming too.

minecraftisfun11111

Sep 17, 2019
i suggest some type of lets play/speed run tutorial. as most new players would have a video to learn from. rush thermal expansion whatever, and edit videos so it basically showcases what u did. example: fast forward through mining (literally fast forward 4x speed) and come back to normal speed to u smelting and creating what u need and setting it up. I find myself watching random peoples lets plays just to see how they do it but there videos are LOONG and have to skip to the part i need to see.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
i suggest some type of lets play/speed run tutorial. as most new players would have a video to learn from. rush thermal expansion whatever, and edit videos so it basically showcases what u did. example: fast forward through mining (literally fast forward 4x speed) and come back to normal speed to u smelting and creating what u need and setting it up. I find myself watching random peoples lets plays just to see how they do it but there videos are LOONG and have to skip to the part i need to see.
I've seen this done on some of the first Let's Plays I ever watched! FMBsChannel's Technic Pack series, which also functioned as tutorials for a number of mods, did that if I recall.