What do these pipes from the Additional Pipes mod do?

• Thread starter 桃色つきあかり
  • Start date

桃色つきあかり

Hello!

I have a legitimate question regarding a relatively old minecraft mod associated with Buildcraft. The mod is Additional Pipes and the question is about the obsidian fluid pipe and ender extraction pipe. I have no idea what they do nor is there any information about them anywhere. I am playing on a 1.7.10 world, just so I could use all the pipe add-on mods and so it deeply vexes me that I don't know what they do.
Does anyone know?

Ender Extraction Pipe
As you can see it doesn't connect to inventories, but connects to other pipes, much like a sandstone pipe would, but it obviously isn't one. It also has a small RF buffer for reasons unknown as of now.
n7IlzI1JR-WeRshXlcqKHQ.png

Obsidian Fluid Pipe
Connects to both other fluid pipes and inventories such as a tank for example, also has a tad bit larger RF buffer, again for reasons unknown as of now. I had thought that maybe it would collect a fluid if it was falling on it slowly or something like that. So I tested it, but doesn't seem to be the case, because nothing happened.
raGSdxhXRBiLKyMnfNiRmQ.png

Thank you in advance,
桃色つきあかり

Last edited:

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
From the archived version of the forum thread for additional pipes, linked on the github (really obscure link, that one):

Obsidian Fluid Pipe
This pipe originated as a request on the suggestion forums. Similar to an obsidian transport pipe, which sucks up items off the ground, this pipe sucks up fluids from containers. Just toss a canister or bucket at it, and it will pick it up, drain the fluid into the pipe system, and spit the item back out. If you power it with a redstone engine, it will also suck in items on the ground in front of it like an obsidian transport pipe (yeah, I kind of stole the code for this...). I would imagine it is pretty useful for quickly emptying large canisters of fluid without right-clicking on a tank a million times. It drains and transports 100MB of fluid per tick.

Link: https://web.archive.org/web/20150919105906/http://mod-buildcraft.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1467

From the forum thread for additional buildcraft objects:

Ender Storage
Simply an Ender Chest for Buildcraft. Adding an insertion pipe to an ender chest allows putting items in. Right-clicking on the insertion pipe when connected opens the bc Ender Chest for easy of use and debugging purposes, for that "where'd all my items go?" moment.

• Insertion: The Insertion Pipe will choose to add items to the ender chest before anything else. If you don't like that, don't put an ender chest next to an insertion pipe. It is the only pipe that will connect to them now.

Ender Extraction Pipe

• Recipe:

• *The Pipe is an Extraction Pipe
        • Usage: Stole/borrowed the gui from the emerald pipe in buildcraft, along with all the logic and everything but the item extraction, which only pulls from the ender storage. I doubt BC will sue me, and they can have it. I just wanted a way to transport items 6000 blocks without making all that pipe and then keeping it loaded. Yes, this works across dimensions.
        Power it with an engine, it'll extract just like an emerald but connects to an ender chest.
Link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...97-additional-buildcraft-objects-a-plugin-for

Hope this helps you, and anyone else that needs to find info on these mods.