What browser do you use?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Sure that wasn't good but that doesn't affect there browsing capabilities

The browser is made by Google and is known to carry several chunks of code that collect all sorts of data on users, including voice and location, without consent. As far as I'm concerned (and many others for that matter) that makes Chrome no better than IE.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
The browser is made by Google and is known to carry several chunks of code that collect all sorts of data on users, including voice and location, without consent. As far as I'm concerned (and many others for that matter) that makes Chrome no better than IE.
But that doesn't affect their browsing and search capabilities

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
But that doesn't affect their browsing and search capabilities
Thus you would use {insert some program here} if it does stuff you don't want it to?
Would you play minecraft if it installs a key-logger that can't be turned off?

Reactions: Padfoote

LokiChaos

Jul 29, 2019
I use Firefox with pentadactyl, No-Script, and Requestpolicy (I use other addons, but those 3 are my only "must haves")

Google may be a highly effective searching engine, but there is more to being a good company than that. However, I would consider Chromium if I could properly configure the UI to something sane (see pentadactyl).

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Currently testing brave. So far so good just make sure youtube runs in another window or bad times ahead :p
as for the rest, it seems to have the same RAM problem as chromium (not fully tested that yet) and I have the feeling there is no way to get flash working on it right now. (then again I haven't looked at that yet)
I will probably not switch to it (yet) though. Because I don't see a way to open a console and the youtube thing. (and the RAM thing if that is indeed the case).

Normally I use iceweasle (from the debian backports as the one in the stable repos is a bit too old for my likings)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
And.....I installed brave on my desktop aswell. I just can't resist to use the browser :p (even though it has a long road ahead of it before it becomes as good as firefox/chrome)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
At the moment, I primarily use Safari because I'm on a Mac and any other browser (that I've tried, at least) feels awkward. Firefox on this laptop seems to have a lot of trouble with lag spikes. Chrome works well; I use it when there's a Google doc I need/want to mess with while my internet's broken, because that happens sometimes.

Also, occasionally, I want to log into some website in two different browsers at once (when I'm mucking with alternate forum accounts for werewolf, for instance); I've typically used Firefox for that in the past, but Chrome seems to run better, so I'll likely use that instead in the future.