What boiler should i get

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.6.4 packs, TE Steam Dynamos instead of ISEs on top of the boilers seems to run pretty smooth with no lag. Seems to be the engines rather then the boilers that were the source of most of the fps/lag issues.
The animation of each engine as well as the sound of them chugging is what caused most of the lag. I found putting a sound muffler by the engines made the game smoother when in the area. TE dynamos don't move or make noise. I was amazed using opis in the newest packs and seeing how little effort TE machines put on your pc. A chunk with a a couple chickens and and about 10 eggs on the ground was causing about 100 times more tick lag than a bunch of running TE machines.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
The animation of each engine as well as the sound of them chugging is what caused most of the lag. I found putting a sound muffler by the engines made the game smoother when in the area. TE dynamos don't move or make noise. I was amazed using opis in the newest packs and seeing how little effort TE machines put on your pc. A chunk with a a couple chickens and and about 10 eggs on the ground was causing about 100 times more tick lag than a bunch of running TE machines.
Don't you just love TE

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.6.4 packs, TE Steam Dynamos instead of ISEs on top of the boilers seems to run pretty smooth with no lag. Seems to be the engines rather then the boilers that were the source of most of the fps/lag issues.

Yeah, I love the RC ISEs for their realism, but my client and server can't handle them at scale.