What are the best tanks now for DW20 1.10.2

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Professor_Spiff

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there!

In 1.7 I used the mod that allows you to make custom sized tank. I need a large large tank for seed oil, but I see the mod I used to use is no longer in DW20. What mod is best for tanks this time round?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
EnderIO's little ones can semi-auto multi-block, Railcraft is in the pack, but it'll be a bit before it's Multi-block tanks are around I think. RFTools probably has an option, but I don't know what it is.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Not really a tank, per se, but Refined Storage has fluid storage capability.

Edit:. Stupid autocorrect...

Last edited:

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone tried if the new tinker's construct tank can hold normal fluids?
Or does it only accept fluid metals like the smeltery would... which I guess I would expect, but who knows... hehe.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone tried if the new tinker's construct tank can hold normal fluids?
Or does it only accept fluid metals like the smeltery would... which I guess I would expect, but who knows... hehe.

As far as I know, molten metal is stored as any other fluid in the Fluid Registry, so they should be interchangeable unless something got coded to prevent it. I assume that wouldn't be the case, as people like to stockpile lava to run the Smeltery in nearby tanks.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Just tested it in a creative world:
Yes the tinker's construct tank can hold normal fluids (used seed oil to test it). Tested the 5x5x4 tank size and it holds 400buckets. (max is 11x11xbuildheight if I understand the book correctly. So it can become huuuge with alot of space)

There is a little problem which you have to work around: The drains from tinker's seem to not accept pipes/conduits as input/output at the moment.

But I already found a nice lil workaround for this:
- Add one enderIO tank to a drain set to "push" the fluid into the tinker's tank
- Another enderIO tank set to "pull" from a drain

this way you can use the enderIO tanks as input/output for the tinker's tank and then can add normally your pipes to these two tanks. So kinda like a giant addon for the enderIO tank if you want to see it like that *smirks*

Oh and until the output-enderIO-tank is full you get alot of flickering of the fluid, cause it's put in and directly pulled out again. Once the pulling enderIO tank is full it's all fine.

[edit]
Tested an 11x11x11 tank: Holds 5'324 buckets of fluid :D

Last edited:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Seared windows act as tanks, but I don't know if they keep fluids when broken. Check the tool tip.
They do keep fluids when broken. And they will stack in your inventory if the fluid is the same amount and type. But they are also very limited in size(4 or 8 buckets). Still they are cheap and it is an easy way to move fluids very early game.

Reactions: KingTriaxx