What are the best Bolts I can make?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

doxiMAN_MAN

Jul 4, 2016
I tried to make enderium tool rod and then cast it with enderium, and in the tool station, put a slime leaf fletching on it, after I've added:
a block of diamond + Enchanted Golden Apple
Nether Star
Block of gold + Diamond
a ball of moss
2 modifiers of quartz
and my bolts only do 3.5 hearts (No clue why).
ExtraTic is installed.

P.S. I also made an awakened draconium crossbow, with the big X made out of obsidian, and the crossbow itself does 2.5 hearts, it that normal?

Thanks!
doxiMAN_MAN

S

ServerLagger™

I tried to make enderium tool rod and then cast it with enderium, and in the tool station, put a slime leaf fletching on it, after I've added:
a block of diamond + Enchanted Golden Apple
Nether Star
Block of gold + Diamond
a ball of moss
2 modifiers of quartz
and my bolts only do 3.5 hearts (No clue why).
ExtraTic is installed.

P.S. I also made an awakened draconium crossbow, with the big X made out of obsidian, and the crossbow itself does 2.5 hearts, it that normal?

Thanks!
doxiMAN_MAN
Sorry if I say this to you but you are doing it completely wrong: instead of picking the fancy materials, look at their stats: Plastic or Pink Slime are great for the bow limb, due to their great draw time and arrow speed, especially with a Fiery bowstring. As far as bolts go, try out something on the lines of Steel + Manyullyn (or Draconium given you have it), because Enderium was nerfed pretty badly and is useless now. If you desire to, add looting to the crossbow, not to the bolt, just load the bolt with moss balls and a bit of quartz. Hope this was helpful.

Reactions: PierceSG

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I second the motion to look up stats in NEI. Depending on the version of ExtraTiC you have, the stats for various materials will vary significantly. As always with TiCo tools, "best" is quite subjective, so even if the stats are known, many people will have varying opinions. Best of luck.

doxiMAN_MAN

Jul 4, 2016
I second the motion to look up stats in NEI. Depending on the version of ExtraTiC you have, the stats for various materials will vary significantly. As always with TiCo tools, "best" is quite subjective, so even if the stats are known, many people will have varying opinions. Best of luck.
And with the bow? Is it normal? It took me SOOOOO long to get all of this awakened draconium.

doxiMAN_MAN

Jul 4, 2016
And NEI Shows me that every bolt does 3 attack damage... (0.5 Hearts).

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Bolt damage will depend on weight of the bolt and arrow speed in some combination. It's been a while since I played with it, and even then Signalum Crossbows were so stupidly overpowered that it didn't really make a difference what your bolt was (I think I opted Steel over Enderium). As stated above, ExtraTIC nerfed those materials to near uselessness, and I've not built a crossbow since for reasons not including said nerf.

When I say "best" is subjective, what I mean is that people put priorities in different places for different playstyles. You obviously want a weapon that can put down basic mobs in a single bolt, whereas others prefer a weapon with max draw speed (which allows better damage per second, albeit at a lesser damage per bolt fired). As with many Tinker's tools, I often have a few variations lying about (house pick/mining pick, home defense crossbow/boss fight crossbow, etc.). Find what works for you.

They call it Tinker's Construct. Tinker with it. Use a creative world if you want, and just spawn in the parts. See what combination gives you the balance of power and efficiency. Sometimes end game materials just aren't as good for a task as something basic. As is usually the case, your best bet is good old fashioned trial and error.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Another thing I'd like to mention... do not bother with damage modifiers on bolts. They don't work. The difference in damage from a bolt with no quartz, and a bolt with seven modifiers worth of quartz is less than one point of damage.