What are some lesser known mods you like?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

tanjer1588

Jul 29, 2019
I am always tinkering with the packs I play by adding in new mods or removing some. What are some of the lesser known mods you guys like to play with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hmm lesser known eh? Good question. Where does SGcraft - the mod that adds stargates - fall in terms of well known-ness?

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
For 1.7.10, Reika's mods would probably classify as lesser known, at least for people that joined the community more recently.

Otherwise, for 1.12, I think Nature's Aura is underappreciated, it's a magic mod based around naturally spawning Aura and ways to manipulate it. Better with Mods is pretty cool as well if you manage to configure it well (which is also part of the reason you don't see it that much). It's kind of an earlygame overhaul mod. A small but neat mod I recently found is Spotlights, which adds highly configurable beacon beams.

There is also Tetra, which is a not particularly often used TiCon alternative.

GamerwithnoGame's SGCraft reminds me of AUNIS, which also adds stargates. The models look a bit nicer, but it has a few missing features.

Finally, though the mod itself is not exactly unknown, Nuclearcraft: Overhauled is very cool and one of the best power gen mods out there. The overhauled version specifically makes building a reactor a complex but rewarding thing to do.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

tanjer1588

Jul 29, 2019
For 1.7.10, Reika's mods would probably classify as lesser known, at least for people that joined the community more recently.

Otherwise, for 1.12, I think Nature's Aura is underappreciated, it's a magic mod based around naturally spawning Aura and ways to manipulate it. Better with Mods is pretty cool as well if you manage to configure it well (which is also part of the reason you don't see it that much). It's kind of an earlygame overhaul mod. A small but neat mod I recently found is Spotlights, which adds highly configurable beacon beams.

There is also Tetra, which is a not particularly often used TiCon alternative.

GamerwithnoGame's SGCraft reminds me of AUNIS, which also adds stargates. The models look a bit nicer, but it has a few missing features.

Finally, though the mod itself is not exactly unknown, Nuclearcraft: Overhauled is very cool and one of the best power gen mods out there. The overhauled version specifically makes building a reactor a complex but rewarding thing to do.

Thank you for all the great suggestions, I’m going to be looking into a few of these this weekend. I’m a hug fan of anything that revolves around power generation so I’m excited about nuclear reactor one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
If you like power gen, Deep Resonance isn't used too often, I feel. Emerging Technology is another fun one with some interesting power gen options in it, though that one is more on the free power side of things.

tanjer1588

Jul 29, 2019
If you like power gen, Deep Resonance isn't used too often, I feel. Emerging Technology is another fun one with some interesting power gen options in it, though that one is more on the free power side of things.
I have Deep Resonance in my pack so i know that one but i have not played with it to much suppose i should start huh, but i don't know of emerging technology that's one ill look into.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame