What am I doing wrong? [DW 1.6.4 1.0.12 - Diamond Pipes]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
Quarry with a diamond pipe attached to it. Void pipe on the red side and pipes leading to chests on blue.

Diamond Pipe Config:
Stick on the black (connected to quarry). Nothing at all in blue. Cobblestone on red.

Still seeing cobblestone in my chests.. uhm.. pretty sure I've done this a million times before and it worked fine...

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Why do you have a stick on the quarry side? The items are only ever going to go one way, they cant magically go backwards and if you're set up has more then one quarry leading to the same line then iron pipes should be being used to keep stuff flowing in one direction.

Try attaching a normal chest on the void side to see if anything is heading that way, if so, it may be a bug with the void pipe.

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
Tried the chest.. nothing gets placed in it. Verified that it's a normal piece of MC cobblestone in the red section.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Back in 1.5.2 I kept experiencing wonky behaviour from the diamond pipes too, with stuff going the wrong direction. I had a situation where the common rubbish got sent along some barrels then into an Energy Manipulator (or bin/void if you want), anything else went into my AE system. Kept finding random pieces of ore in the Energy Manipulator.

You could try using Thermal Expansion Item Ducts instead although you'll need something different from a Void Pipe. Chest on Quarry, duct to pull out of chest, leading to a "bin" and then your chests. Put a filter on the bin connection to accept only Cobble (plus any other rubbish).

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
What would be as fast as a void pipe? Void chests are dead slow, but I'm curious as to what the other options are.

Our server's still on x.11. My current setup uses quite a few diamond pipes and they all work fine. Cobblestone is among the items filtered, in fact at one stage I set up much the same system as yours for much the same purpose (minus the stick). They likewise worked fine for me back in Unleashed 1.5.2.

Does the blue line connect directly to the chests, and does the red line lead directly to the void pipe (or the temporary chest you put there)? Pictures would indeed help. Are any iron pipes involved? Can you replicate the problem in other places, or with other items, etc? Are you certain all the pipes are of the type you think they are?

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
Is your chest touching the quarry block? If so, the quarry will also output directly to the chest, thus bypassing the filter on your pipe. Just guessing though, a screenshot would do wonders.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
I found That to counter the slowness of a void chest, to have 4 of them hooked up and let the pipes go to each one, no extra pipes needed and the items will just go where ever to whatever chest. 4 void chests were able to keep up with seven quarrys running at the same time, they handeled cobble, dirt, and gravel and the only over flow I had to worry about was to my chests in my storage rooms.

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
Is your chest touching the quarry block? If so, the quarry will also output directly to the chest, thus bypassing the filter on your pipe. Just guessing though, a screenshot would do wonders.

And you win the price.. thanks.. that was just dumb of me :)

Reactions: hiroshi42

Arimus

Jul 29, 2019
Good to hear it is fixed but I just wanted to mention that I too have seen diamonds pipes "overloaded". I had several mob farms hooked up to a single diamond pipe to sort the items and at times items would go down the wrong path. I ended up placing a diamond pipe at each mob farm which worked. Probably just a tick rate thing.