Werewolves, They Keep Spreading!!! (First Time Being GM)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Ping didn't work for me, either. Either that or I just didn't look through my alerts thoroughly enough (which is entirely possible).

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Bigdbigd03, can we clarify a few roles in your spreadsheet?
Police: "Every night, can choose to kill one person" (Traditionally they lose this power if they acidentally{???} kill a team mate, but that's up to you)
Undercover Police: "Every night, can select one person to learn their role."
Hypnotist: "Every night....can do something?" < I dont actually know what this role does.

Wolverine: Every night, can select a person to infect. Cannot infect the same person twice. If a wolf is infected, wolverine dies.
Zombie: No powers. Nobody starts with this role. Was infected by a Wolverine and changed alignments. Gains the win condition of the Werewolves. (What does "or had to take a body out" mean?)

Zombie from a Gangster: No powers. Nobody starts with this role. Gangsters and Wannabe Gangsters become this role if they are killed via a non-lynch action.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
They die.
Awesome, like with all these points, don't forget to update the spreadsheet.

As a general rule: If I have to ask how a rule works, you screwed up and need to clarify it in the sheet.

Well actually they can tell all ombies' roles.
Ok, but how? Does the GM tell this person every night who the new zombies are? Do they have to use a power to gain the knowledge?

Bigdbigd03

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome, like with all these points, don't forget to update the spreadsheet.

As a general rule: If I have to ask how a rule works, you screwed up and need to clarify it in the sheet.

Ok, but how? Does the GM tell this person every night who the new zombies are? Do they have to use a power to gain the knowledge?
I said that in the Additional Notes thingymajig.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
I heard this process explained really well once.
To anyone posting a rolesheet for review:
If someone asks a question, it doesn't just mean "explain". It means you didn't word it clearly enough. Make sure you update the rolesheet, especially since if its a GOOD game, you'll want to avoid the same repeated questions the next time you run the game.

@Bigdbigd03- Try to make everything as clear as possible in your rolesheet. It helps both the players and the GM if every piece of information about a particular role is all in one place. You don't have to write a paragraph; just write enough to leave no room for doubt.

Reading your rolesheet, for example, this is what your players know about the Hypnotist:
  • He's a town role.
  • He "gets to find out all zombie roles".
  • He can only "hypnotise" D3.
That leaves us with some questions.
  • How does he find out all zombie roles?
    • Does he target someone in his role convo, and is told whether or not they're a zombie?
    • Does the GM tell him all the zombie's roles?
    • Is he told which Zombie roles are in the game, but not which players they belong to?
  • What does it mean to "hypnotise"?
Once you clarify, you should put your answers in your rolesheet so that no one else gets confused (and tries to pester you again with the same questions).

Bigdbigd03

Jul 29, 2019
I heard this process explained really well once.

@Bigdbigd03- Try to make everything as clear as possible in your rolesheet. It helps both the players and the GM if every piece of information about a particular role is all in one place. You don't have to write a paragraph; just write enough to leave no room for doubt.

Reading your rolesheet, for example, this is what your players know about the Hypnotist:
  • He's a town role.
  • He "gets to find out all zombie roles".
  • He can only "hypnotise" D3.
That leaves us with some questions.
  • How does he find out all zombie roles?
    • Does he target someone in his role convo, and is told whether or not they're a zombie?
    • Does the GM tell him all the zombie's roles?
    • Is he told which Zombie roles are in the game, but not which players they belong to?
  • What does it mean to "hypnotise"?
Once you clarify, you should put your answers in your rolesheet so that no one else gets confused (and tries to pester you again with the same questions).
Even though you'd know this when you were a hypnotist. I messed up when telling you guys/GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS what to do. He hypnotises the zombie to say their role. As if he requests 2 people (The top amount). By the way, he can guess 2 people. lol
Yes, I know I spelled hypnotise wrong. That key is broken on my computer and halve the time I have to copy and paste for a bunch of letters.