Weird never-before-seen redstone torch function

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm playing Sky Factory on the Curse launcher, and making an auto living-items setup. As I go to place a redstone torch on a grass block, I hit too many keys at once, and instead of the torch being placed I get this little blue 3x3 grid on top of the block instead. It was slightly smaller than the block side itself, and none of my torches were used.
The reason why I'm describing it instead of showing it is that, like the smart person I am, I immediately broke it to try to get my torch back despite it not using one, and I now can't find the set of keys I pressed to cause it in the first place.
I'm assuming this is a mod thing, but I've never heard of it and it piques my curiosity. Anyone know what this is?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
It's something called translocator and it defaults to the C key usually. It's just a handy crafting table I believe, but I never use it, and never even know it's there unless I press the C key by accident like you did. :)

The other common one is pressing the O key with NEI open and then wondering why NEI is broken. :)