Weird invisible wall.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
While I was mining I found this weird wall that seems about 3 blocks tall and will hurt me for some reason. I can't get past it. Occasionally I'll slip through for a second and then when I go back i'll be stuck. Is this added my a mod? Very weird stuff.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Pics wouldn't do any good. It's literally just invisible blocks. I believe whatever is hurting me is just a glitch that's been in MC for quite awhile now. But the invisible blocks are a mystery.

SSP Mindcrack Pack.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Dig around it. It could be some world gen error with crystals, as those seem to be the only blocks that can hurt you and have a small enough bounding box to let you slip through.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
pics would show us what is around it, what texpack he's using, tons of useful info.

"I'm running into an invisible wall" is no help at all.

Geoff

Jul 29, 2019
Got the invisible wall on Ultimate 1.0.1. Two different users. One is below where xycraft tanks use to be but only one side. The other where a xycraft use to be. Pretty much most of the users have removed xycraft tanks due their buggy nature but the memory lingers on.

The odd thing is I can place blocks in the space I cannot cross and remove the blocks and then move freely though the invisible wall. However after a server restart it reappears.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I ran into the same issue on my mindcrack server in the nether setting up a blaze farm (this was back in January). If I targeted the block I could see its outline like I was getting ready to place a block. Couldn't move through it. I had to get rid of it by logging off/on then forcing the block to update on the server (I think I used a sticky piston to push a block into the invisible block.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I think it's just some weird miscommunication between the client and the server. So the client thinks there aren't any block there, where the server does.

Then the client tries to walk into it, and, lo and behold, the server realizes the person's in a block! So they start suffocating.

As to why the server doesn't push the client out, I have no idea. Or why this happens consistently.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Relog. Usually this is a state desync between client and server; the server says, "Hey there is a wall there." and the client things, "There isnt' a wall there."

Or you are lucky enough to have the xycraft 1.5.1 beta where textures are not rendering. ;)

Reactions: Whovian