Weird framerate "glitch" in StoneBlock

M

MGlolenstine

I wanted to play stoneblock, so I downloaded the modpack through TwitchLauncher and started the game. After few minutes, after the game started, I created the world, but something seemed laggy...
Checked the FPS counter, but it was above 200... At that point it got weird, I've also created a new world, but the same problem, created another empty world, but guess what? Exactly the same problem.

Does anyone have any idea of what could be causing this problem?

Video of the glitch happening:

Nashannata

Feb 10, 2015
Can you tell me how to get more than 60 fps? XD

I have perma just 60 FPS
If got lags Lags if i use Streamlabs OBS with Screenstream (Full Monitor) than Game drops massive to 10 FPS or lower.

Even if im not Streaming i just got 60-62 FPS

M

MGlolenstine

I have perma just 60 FPS
If got lags Lags if i use Streamlabs OBS with Screenstream (Full Monitor) than Game drops massive to 10 FPS or lower.

I really don't know... Just a good hardware, I guess... Even when recording my fps doesn't drop under 100.

My current setup:
- fx-8320E oced to 5GHz
- HD7950
- 16GB of RAM.

AMD FTW I guess :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

I have perma just 60 FPS

You probably have VSYNC on. It reduces the framerates so it matches the refresh rate of your monitor, thereby eliminating screen tearing and unnecessary power draw.

Nashannata

Feb 10, 2015
AHHH Okay... so maybe just my old Screen's fucked..?! ^^

Well....
I7 4770 3.4 Ghz
SSD
12 GB just for MC
6GB Grafic

:D

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
AHHH Okay... so maybe just my old Screen's fucked..?! ^^

Well....
I7 4770 3.4 Ghz
SSD
12 GB just for MC
6GB Grafic

:D
No, most screens have a refresh rate of 60 Hz. It is more than enough for things to look smooth. Some people claim that higher rates and higher fps makes a difference in highly competitive and reactive games, but honestly I don't buy it. And it specially wont have any effect in a game like Minecraft.

If you don't have Vsync on, what could happen is that during the screen refreshing all its pixels the image changes. This causes part of the screen to show one image, and parts another. This usually results in horizontal lines across the screen where this happens. As an added bonus you save a lot of power, since the CPU and GPU doesn't have to run flat out processing a high(and pointless) number of frames per second.

Last edited:

Nashannata

Feb 10, 2015
I know that it does not make sense, especially not at Minecraft.^^

It's more like "i want to try" or "i want to know why".
And it solves some Problems for some of my other games.
Sometimes you loose the Fokus if u think to much. You know? XD

M

MGlolenstine

I know that it does not make sense, especially not at Minecraft.^^

It's more like "i want to try" or "i want to know why".
And it solves some Problems for some of my other games.
Sometimes you loose the Fokus if u think to much. You know? XD
I understand... But any amount of fps is useless, if you have same problem as I've mentioned above... It looks like you have 15fps, even tho you're running at a lit higher framerate.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk