weird changelog item for Monster 1.0.6

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Biomes O Plenty
  • Disabled Garden Biome
I don't particularly care for this biome, but it seems oddly random that it was disabled. Anyone know what the problem is with this biome?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Most likely that is the sole reason. It's the most out of place biome out of the lot. I disable it too :D

Reactions: jokermatt999

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
tbh I wasn't sure either. however the latest config changes were made in an effort to make the Horizons and Monster Changelogs the same. So I believe garden was disabled in horizons and we changed it to be the same in monster. As for why it was disabled in horizons, well im not sure.

EDIT: I just asked Eyamaz why and he said it was mainly because the biome was out of place. You can re-enable it and there is no bugs

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
The giant flowers and the roosters that crap red dye were... beautiful. It always felt like the right place to do a lot of bees.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I tried living in a garden biome once... while it's great at start, I soon got irritated I wasn't able to tilt the grass, and the damn roosters kept spawning rose flowers !$(#*&#&@($ everywhere!!

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
That's the one weird config change you noted?
"GeoStrata - Enabled the generation of Rock" - great - now we have a whole lot of stuff we need to tunnel through thats like cobble - but requires a iron pickaxe. Oh - and limestone, quarried stone, sandstone and quartz variants added by other mods have not been disabled. Its like the forge "oreCopper" wars all over again, which only just have been resolved. Also, is this rock properly minable at full speed with ic2, tc4, TiC's mining tools?

"Tinkers Construct - Keep Levels on death" - er - ok. nice i guess. But reverted again in 1.0.7
"Tinkers Construct - Bronze ingot return from 4 to 3" - Where did that other ingot go exactly? At least this too is reverted in 1.0.7

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
limestone, quarried stone, sandstone and quartz variants added by other mods have not been disabled. Its like the forge "oreCopper" wars all over again
Limestone, Quarried Stone, and Sandstone are decorative blocks.

Also, just because something has the same name does not mean it has the same oreDict name. For instance; the Vinteum Dust from RC is not the same or inter changable with AM2 Vinteum Dust.