we need a minecraft zeppelin mod for ftb

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
I made an account here just to agree that this is a great idea!

The reasons this content is what the mod team shold spend their time adding instead of other stuff is that this will add a new realm of construction to the game, both aesthetically and practically. It will extend the range of the player, allowing for more exploration and settlements that are further apart.

Here are my thoughts on implementation, though recognize that I think it's a good idea even if it isn't done exactly in this way:

construction requires the crafting of many sections of canvas-to be combined into a ballon of one of three sizes, increasing in expense and size exponentially.
a basket (same idea. smallest basket goes with smallest balloon, and is only big enough for one person. Biggest is like a room with a balcony and a glass floor.)
and an engine.

To control the engines, the player crafts a control, which can be used within x blocks of the basket, and which steers it like a boat, but with up and down controls.

The engines cost coal to work, but will accept other fuels as well.
You should check the date of the previous post before posting. While necroing a 2 month old thread is not against the rules, it is bad form. Most of the information here is outdated.

Phicksur

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but as long as it has been updated I have a question regarding the zeppelin.

I am running a MindCrack version of FTB. I have all the 'things' I need to build a zeppelin (steel, train workbench, etc) but when I put the materials into the workbench, I get no result. I cannot craft a zeppelin under these circumstances.

Is there some toggle I have to turn on somewhere outside of the traincraft.cfg file? Zeppelin is enabled in that config file, and I am unsure where else to look.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but as long as it has been updated I have a question regarding the zeppelin.

I am running a MindCrack version of FTB. I have all the 'things' I need to build a zeppelin (steel, train workbench, etc) but when I put the materials into the workbench, I get no result. I cannot craft a zeppelin under these circumstances.

Is there some toggle I have to turn on somewhere outside of the traincraft.cfg file? Zeppelin is enabled in that config file, and I am unsure where else to look.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
From experience, the recipes are buggy as hell. Relogging or just placing the parts in different orders seemed to fix it for me

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
From experience, the recipes are buggy as hell. Relogging or just placing the parts in different orders seemed to fix it for me
this î

The recipes are buggy alright. for instance the steam engines requires you to use the bottom left part of the workbench to work, if you try the same pattern, anywhere else in the grid it won't work. really annoying to figure out sometimes.

Phicksur

Jul 29, 2019
Neither using the Forge Lexicon nor doing anything else I could think of to build the zeppelin worked, so (as an op) I took away the materials that would be used to make one and gave myself one through commands.

It wasn't worth it. Sure, it's fast and nice and all, but it's laggy and buggy and I died more with that zeppelin than I had in weeks of playing. Waste of resources.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Neither using the Forge Lexicon nor doing anything else I could think of to build the zeppelin worked, so (as an op) I took away the materials that would be used to make one and gave myself one through commands.

It wasn't worth it. Sure, it's fast and nice and all, but it's laggy and buggy and I died more with that zeppelin than I had in weeks of playing. Waste of resources.

That quite nicely sums up what usually happens to me whenever i try using the buggy zeppelin from traincraft too. the only way i know of to reliably avoid dying constantly is to use the long fall boots from portal-gun...