Ways to reduce leash breakages

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
So, my hobgoblin slaves keep breaking their leashes and wandering off. Wondering if there's any way to at least reduce the number of times this happens, as I know that leash breakage is an issue carried over from vanilla.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not too sure of their ai and what they can do. The sure fire way of keeping them from wandering off would be something like an MFR safari net to store them in when you're not around. I'm not sure of how much they can mine, whether they mine things other than stone and ore, but you could always build them a nice little slave prison for when they're "not of use."

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a persistent issue in 1.7, and some lingering effects in 1.8 while we're at it. Best to store them in Pokeballs or corral them in.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
The only issue is they need to be leashed in order to work as slaves :s

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
From what I remember, the leash breakage bug was based on a vanilla chunkloading issue. So far as leading them around, its likely best to keep them picked up in safari nets as suggested above, then just leash them when you want to whip them.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
From what I remember, the leash breakage bug was based on a vanilla chunkloading issue. So far as leading them around, its likely best to keep them picked up in safari nets as suggested above, then just leash them when you want to whip them.
Let me explain. I already safari netted them and took them to where I want them. I then leashed them to a post so they could start working for me. If it's a chunkloading issue though, then would loading the chunks that they are in minimise it do you think?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Let me explain. I already safari netted them and took them to where I want them. I then leashed them to a post so they could start working for me. If it's a chunkloading issue though, then would loading the chunks that they are in minimise it do you think?

In my experience, mostly with horses, leashes break when the chunk holding them becomes loaded from an unloaded state. That said, even when I had chunkloaded the area (usually ChickenChunks), I still experienced some breakages, seemingly at random. I "solved" the issue by fencing the area around my hitching post in, while begrudgingly accepting that it was an issue with the base code that wouldn't be updated away. I'm curious now if it was fixed in 1.8.

I know its not what you wanted to hear. Chunkloading an area you will only visit to reset their position is probably for the best, as they should work in a loaded area, and the leash doesn't seem to break until the player loads the chunk. Hope that helps you some.