Ways to kill a Pig Zombie

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

irishpancake33

Jul 29, 2019
So I need an easy way to kill a pig zombie that doesn't collect the XP but drops the nuggets/ingots...if I have to I will just dig 24 down but preferably not. I want this so using a minium stone I can auto-craft the ingots into diamonds macerate them and send them into a mass fabricator:). Any ideas?

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
So I need an easy way to kill a pig zombie that doesn't collect the XP but drops the nuggets/ingots...if I have to I will just dig 24 down but preferably not. I want this so using a minium stone I can auto-craft the ingots into diamonds macerate them and send them into a mass fabricator:). Any ideas?

saying what mods whould help......grinder would do the trick so would turtles or droping them

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
You don't nessecarily have to avoid them dropping XP, you just need to clean it up afterwards. There's nothing stopping you plonking an XP turtle down set to auto-collect and waiting to see whether RichardG's code screws up if the numbers go too high.

My main questions would be situational. Are you doing this in the nether and hoping to avoid aggro'ing the hoard? Do you have a T5 shard and just letting them fall?

For the 1st, I'm not sure. It's been a while since I've made a spawn-trap, and not sure if I remember any of the mechanics.

For the second, the methods that pop to mind are:
1) Turtles. Wash the piggies to the turtles, chop them up, pump them out and use the aforementioned code-checker to clean up the XP (when I did this the XP was the object, and the masses of diamonds I ended up with was simply a game-breaking side-effect).
2) Golems. Not entirely sure how the little guys would fare against armed foes, but they should be able to hold their own. The upside is that you can have a scurrier or two picking up the items.
3) MFR stuff. Not confident in the mod, but I know there are options.
4) Tesla Coils. Always a popular option. Find a method for cheap power and watch the piggies burn!
5) Quicksand. Not quite as impressive to look at, but the nether-dwellers will suffocate without bothering you too much (assuming that you can handle the noise).
6) Cactus. The old vanilla trap, but be careful with those drops!
7) Dropping. The easiest and most effective method. Let them spawn at great heights and watch them try to fly. For added enjoyment make a 24-block tall tower out of glass viewers and watch the little blighters drop. I'm sure they did something to deserve it.

Personally, I've gone turtles for a rather complicated, but effective single-mob system, or a huge drop tower with a range of spawners to keep my systems stocked with copious quantities of goodies.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I believe Guardian Iron Golems don't attract other pig zombies when attacking and using some accessory items make them a fair match. You may have to sacrifice their strength totem for their intelligence so they attack passive mobs, though I'd suggest using more than one golem, however if they do it might be worth setting up a turtle battery with some conveyors and a turtle.attack() loop.

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
Any particular reason you want to run your matter fabricator on diamond dust? There are plenty of much-easier-to-get amplifiers.

WaterTipper

Jul 29, 2019
Zombie pigmen aren't invincible you know, you don't have to rack your brain trying to figure out how to kill it. :/

Vox_ex_Machina

Jul 29, 2019
you could use quicksand (extrabiomes) and some transposers/obsidian pipes to create a suffocation trap, add conveyer belts (minefactory reloaded) around it if your feeling fancy