Ways to Get Iridium (w/ GT) - And Now Also Talk About A World With No End Portal

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
This IS pointless
He could ask people on the server, ask Greg and people on his thread, read wikis, use NEI, etc.. There are plenty of threads that have this same topic..
Cinnabar Pearls + canning machine = mercury cells
Mercury cells + Ferrous ore in grinder = 1 platinum dust
9 centrifuged platinum dust is 1/4 of a plate.. You legit need to get JUST over half a stack of ferrous
Or use bees>centrifuge
Or sheldonite
Or quarry
Or mining yourself
Uu
Ask friend

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
But, the numerous stream of pointless threads is driving me insane, just lete me rest in the delusion that this one has a point!

I'm also going to try that ferrous method, btw.

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
This IS pointless
He could ask people on the server, ask Greg and people on his thread, read wikis, use NEI, etc.. There are plenty of threads that have this same topic..
9 centrifuged platinum dust is 1/4 of a plate.. You legit need to get JUST over half a stack of ferrous
Or use bees>centrifuge
Or sheldonite
Or quarry
Or mining yourself
Uu
Ask friend
Well, if you derail this thread by saying how useless it is then it will become useless :).

I find it helpful - not for me, I've got iridium for days, but it's nice to have this kind of info floating around. Helps when people search for it in the future. Questions like this are what the forums for, after all, and I'm kinda sad that we don't see more such threads - if about different things.

I also wish that the ones we DO get wouldn't spiral down into noob calling and philosophical wankery on the theme of relativity.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, well, back on topic.

I've said I've got a lot of iridium, which is a bit of a stretch, but I did use a few iridium blocks for construction.

The reason why I didn't chime is because my mod pack differs from what you guys are using. I simply used ars magica to fabricate some shiny ignots and centrifuged those.

Bees are a very valid substitute for that though, so I suggest you use 'em.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Searching the word "Iridium" comes up with ~ 9 other pages talking about finding iridium
And another about the endless platinum>iridium dupe

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Searching the word "Iridium" comes up with ~ 9 other pages talking about finding iridium
And another about the endless platinum>iridium dupe
In which case you should've pointed the person to the appropriate threads, this adds more weight to them and even pushes them up in google. This also means that more non ftb people find 'em and might eventually... convert cause of the nice community, right?

Anyway, I'm sorry for berating you, and I know you're just trying to defend yourself right now, but you're also defending being an ass towards new/less skilled players, do you really think that that's what we should do? When they politely ask for help?

Reactions: Freakscar

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question what are you powering the Matter Fabricator with? I'm thinking of setting up the power system needed to run it but I don't know what type of generator I want use.

I currently have I think 16 Hyrbid Solars, but I'm not sure, I'm going for 64, I also have a Nuclear Reactor, but it hasn't been doing anything lately.

Alternatively, you could just go to the end and have enough for a full suit of quantum armour in under an hour (less if you're lucky).

I already have a GraviChest and full Quantum.

This IS pointless
Or use bees>centrifuge
Or sheldonite
Or quarry
Or mining yourself
Uu
Ask friend

Everyone has been MIA on the server.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
If you already nhave platinum-producing bees you can get as much as you wnat, you just have to multiply the setup. if you have an apiary switch to an alveary, if you have an alveary make 100 more (youll need to get into the basic bees at least tho)

Bees are self-sufficient, and given enough time and effort you can make an infinitely large amount of them to produce for you

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
If you already nhave platinum-producing bees you can get as much as you wnat, you just have to multiply the setup. if you have an apiary switch to an alveary, if you have an alveary make 100 more (youll need to get into the basic bees at least tho)

Bees are self-sufficient, and given enough time and effort you can make an infinitely large amount of them to produce for you

Yeah, but what I'm asking in this thread is how to get iridium besides bees, or UU. I'm going to the end once I make my Nano Saber.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the end didn't work. I just made a stack of 64 ender eyes, threw them, and found where they stop moving. There is no stronghold. Is it possible for a world to not have a stronghold?

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the end didn't work. I just made a stack of 64 ender eyes, threw them, and found where they stop moving. There is no stronghold. Is it possible for a world to not have a stronghold?
I wouldn't think so there should be three strongholds to a world.

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if I throw them they will lead me to the same spot, shouldn't they? I really hope I didn't just waste 4 stacks of iron on these ender eyes.
Well have you dug completely around the spot they are leading you? It wouldn't hurt to dig down straight to bedrock just in case you missed it.

LeQwasd

Jul 29, 2019
No, there are multiple strongholds. Sometimes ender eyes can derp between 2 strongholds. One eye leads to one direction, other to opposite. Just follow one. And if you live far from spawn, start your search for stronghold near spawn ~ (0, 0). Strongholds usually spawns ~ 500 blocks away from spawn, so throwing endereyes @ (10k, 10k) location is pretty much wasted time and effort.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Yep. And apparently someone else on the server has as well. Which is weird because only 2 people come online (Me and another guy), everyone else has been too busy to come on at all. He hasn't looked for the ender dragon. I've dug around it as far as my drill can dig all the way down to bedrock from where the eye stops.[DOUBLEPOST=1370913759][/DOUBLEPOST]
No, there are multiple strongholds. Sometimes ender eyes can derp between 2 strongholds. One eye leads to one direction, other to opposite. Just follow one. And if you live far from spawn, start your search for stronghold near spawn ~ (0, 0). Strongholds usually spawns ~ 500 blocks away from spawn, so throwing endereyes @ (10k, 10k) location is pretty much wasted time and effort.

I live around 2500 blocks away from spawn. I'll try looking from spawn, this "stronghold" I've found is about 700 blocks away from spawn.