Ways to get Iridium in FTB Unleashed?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

isnowcrash

Jul 29, 2019
I think the thing that just kinda blows is that the gregtech advanced solar panel recipe is enabled by default in unleashed, but gregtech is not installed. I know gregtech makes a lot of things harder, but it's easier to get iridium with gregtech. .

Probably because it's not a GT recipe to begin with.

It's actually much harder to get iridium with GT then without it. Using GT you can go mine the end for hours and then you still need a industrial grinder, industrial centrifuge, and a decent power supply or you can quarry like crazy. If you want to make a matter fab you practically need ever machine in GT to make it. Unleashed you make a mass fabricator (it's very cheap), a couple recyclers, igneous extruders, and a fairly small power supply . Even with say 200eu/t it will be like a matter fab with the max 8192 eu/t.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I never even found that much need for Iridium. I guess it's more problematic if you came to Minecraft while the gravity suit was still the top of the heap, before MPS outstripped it. I think I used one plate when I made the computer cube for the AESU until I realized I needed 8 and didn't have the energy to produce them.

Moonridden

Jul 29, 2019
Even with gregtech installed, no matter how you decide to play (easy mode or ultracore), UU-Matter will be the way to go for a continuous supply of iridium. UU is relatively cheap, and setting up a recycler bundle (or one really tuned up one like my complex has. Got it's own nuclear reactor) will provide you with a stable source of scrap from your cobble,dirt, sugar cane, or other such farms.

Alternatively, use better amplifiers like thorium or diamond dust. Or use 1 piece off UU with... I wanna say uranium dust to get plutonium dust, which is the best amplifier I know of.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
When it comes to GT, I use Silk Touch on all the Uranium I can find since it nets me plutonium dust in an IGrinder. I don't use Plutonium in my reactors, but it works fantastically in my Mass Fab. (I have the IC2 fab on.)

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I think the thing that just kinda blows is that the gregtech advanced solar panel recipe is enabled by default in unleashed, but gregtech is not installed. I know gregtech makes a lot of things harder, but it's easier to get iridium with gregtech. The advanced solar panel only gives 8 EU/tick but takes 9 UU matter to make with the gregtech recipe. The hybrid one takes 54 UU matter. By the time you can afford that much energy, you could have easily made way more regular solar panels. I really like the advanced solar panels in how they store some energy and can generate a little at night, but it's not really worth it, requiring a ton of energy for a tiny bit more energy. If my quarries were automatically finding some iridium, even a very small amount, it'd be more worth it.

Nope.

Your whole post is invalid.
1. GT recipes CANNOT be enabled in any mod if GT is not in the modpack.
2. GT does not touch Advanced Solar Panels in anyway, that recipe is added by the original mod author of ASP. If you do not have GT in the pack, 9 UUM can take you very little time to make. Both recipes are very easy.
3. You can completely skip the Hybrid Panel and make UH Solars directly from Advanced Solars, and last time I checked, it was cheaper.
4. Again, it requires little energy to create the solars when there is no GT.
5. Way more basic solars ≠ a few advanced solars. They create energy during the night, they create WAY more energy, they don't lag you, and look cooler.
6. There is no Iridium Ore block. "but gregtech is not installed". GT adds the Iridium Ore block. It is totally not worth it.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Brownprobe's correct. The ASP's config in Unleashed IS set to the Gregtech version by default. Though the config calls it the hard recipe.

The first time I used that mod I had no idea what most of the stuff in the recipies were. I eventually looked in the config and saw that there were two recipie modes listed, hard and simple.

At least, I assumed they were Gregtech recipies. Though it fit with what little I'd seen of the Gregtech recipies. Irradiant plates and panes and such are used.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Brownprobe's correct. The ASP's config in Unleashed IS set to the Gregtech version by default. Though the config calls it the hard recipe.

The first time I used that mod I had no idea what most of the stuff in the recipies were. I eventually looked in the config and saw that there were two recipie modes listed, hard and simple.

At least, I assumed they were Gregtech recipies. Though it fit with what little I'd seen of the Gregtech recipies. Irradiant plates and panes and such are used.

Even if GregT changed the Advanced Solar Panel recipe (which he doesn't), it couldn't be in the pack, as it would probably call for Gregs machines/items, which aren't in Unleashed.

Edit: Oh, and the only difference in crafting ASP's using different modes is if it uses an Irradiant Reinforced Plate, or an Advanced Machine Block. Personally, I think the Advanced Machine Block is WAY too cheap for a magical energy box.

Moonridden

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry has a difficulty modifier to change with the server difficulty. Its interesting, to be honest. More mods should have that sort of implementation.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, reminds me of my tekkit days, had a diamond chest full of UU but nothing to really use it on... Solar panels didn't yet have the UU requirement.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

mysteryminer1999

Jul 29, 2019
first, get the mass fabricator I find it a lot better then the matter thingy. then put uranium dust in the bottom slot. provided you have enough EU, you'll have a uu-mater in roughly 5 min.