Way to move character when outside game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuuffy

Jul 29, 2019
So Mystcraft has messed up my game (I am using the mindcrack pack with mystcraft added), like a lot of people ha. It was working fine until i tried teleporting to a new age (age 20 i think?) and it sent me to a black area and stayed there for a long time (i waited 5-10 minutes). It didn't change from there so i closed minecraft and when i tried to enter my game again it crashed. So i'm wondering if there is an mc-edit equivalent to FTB that i could use to put my player back into the overworld? Or if there are any other fixes i would like to hear those too. I would really like to save this world, even if it means i have to get rid of mystcraft until its more stable.

Sometimes i will get a crash report, other times it will stay stuck at the building terrain screen indefinitely. Also sometimes says something along the lines of shutting down internal server and then kicks me from it. I will upload a crash report when i am able to get one. Thank you

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
You could use some sort of NBT editor to modify your player file so you're at 0x100x0 in dimension 0 in creative. The shutting down internal server just happens when your game crashes, an easier way than an NBT editor would be to simply delete your player data and spawn your items back in using nei.

Reactions: Ashzification

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
TheSandwichMakr, do you mind if I add your fix to my trouble shooting document?
Sure! I don't mind at all.

If you want here's an image with all the correct values changed.
dzFzb.png

Sigurd Cole

Jul 29, 2019
My setup is a little more complicated, but this fix isn't working and I was hoping for assistance.

I'm using MultiMC to load a few modpacks at once, which so far hasn't been a problem. Until I loaded my 30th Mystcraft age, and got an 'unable to spawn biome' error that seems to crash everything. I was going to just scratch the age and move back to overworld (it was a new age from a blank book, so it was only for getting symbols anyways).

I pulled down a copy of NBT Explorer and attempted the fix described here, but it seems to keep putting me in Age 30. I've tried being careful about it (close MultiMC completely, open NBT Explorer, make changes, save, close NBT Explorer, launch MultiMC), but nothing seems to make it stick. I've added my crashlog in case that helps.

Attachments

• MultiMC_Report_01-19-2013_07-51-36.txt
    479.8 KB · Views: 45

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Try completely deleting your player data file, after you start and close minecraft again you can copy the inventory node back if you want.

Warmack9

Jul 29, 2019
I have enountered the same problem, though NBTediting it to put me back to dimension 0 doesn't work, once the game has been loaded and it tries putting the character in game, it puts the dimension back on 14, which caused the issue to begin with. I attempted deleting the character's data so I could NEI the inventory back in, but upon logging in with "fresh" character data, it still attempts to put me into that dimension and crashes. I attempted playing that world with a different character, who also gets funneled into that dimension, and then the world crashes. Resetting position or dimension or deleting character dat... nothing of those options has prevented "downloading terrain" > "shutting down internal server"

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Delete the world file which is named "DIM_MYST#" and data/agedata_#.dat and your player.dat file. You should return to the overworld.

Warmack9

Jul 29, 2019
Delete the world file which is named "DIM_MYST#" and data/agedata_#.dat and your player.dat file. You should return to the overworld.
I actually arrived upon that conclusion and attempted to do just that, however my character still went into "downloading terrain" hold for about 30 seconds, then "shutting down internal server" for 3 minutes. Upon rechecking my save file contents, both the DIM_MYST14 folder and agedata_14.dat files had been recreated, though looking at the .dat with the NBTeditor or whatever just showed it to be a fine and functional world (as well as any mystcraft world could be with instability left on), my client simply chose to not load it.

I was not at a complete loss, as I did have a save folder backup from about an hour and a half before the Mystcraft fail at age 14, and it only required me to remake a mass fabricator and a few hybrid solar panels. My series was not set back too far due to mystcraft conflicts.

esotericist

Jul 29, 2019
In all probability this is another manifestation of the marble generation interaction issue between mystcraft and redpower 2.

I'm surprised deleting the player.dat file didn't work; are you sure you located the correct file? I've used that solution several times to rescue members of my SMP server who accidentally spawned an age whose marble generation spirals out of control.

Warmack9

Jul 29, 2019
I am fairly certain that the FTB\Direwolf20\minecraft\saves\FTBSeries\players\Warmack.dat file was the correct one to delete, as well as the DIM_MYST14 folder, and the agedata_14.dat in the \data\ folder. I did also use process of elimination between deleting each of those individually, and the client always recreated the files upon attempting to load the game, even once purged from my recycle bin. I even went as far as to guess the administration permissions on the folder were funky, but had no change of pace there either.

You are likely correct in regards to the marble generation; my error log was riddled with redpower generation notes. And since my 14th age bore dense ores... I don't know, perhaps the nikolite or marble was being funny with it. Recovering the world, then skipping that book when starting mystcraft over has not caused the same error since, though I got a second dense ore book at age 91 (I couldn't re-enter mystcraft's 14th book to see what symbols it had as I did a brief test with a newer backup after the first fiasco, and it gave me the same problem) and the 91st age doesn't lock me out of game-- though I do crash if I move funny. I backed up around the corner of a quarry and crashed to desktop, and stepped on some redstone ore and crashed to desktop. Mystcraft is just a little finicky.

esotericist

Jul 29, 2019
I am fairly certain that the FTB\Direwolf20\minecraft\saves\FTBSeries\players\Warmack.dat file was the correct one to delete, as well as the DIM_MYST14 folder, and the agedata_14.dat in the \data\ folder. I did also use process of elimination between deleting each of those individually, and the client always recreated the files upon attempting to load the game, even once purged from my recycle bin. I even went as far as to guess the administration permissions on the folder were funky, but had no change of pace there either.

Hmmm. If this is a server, one solution I've used is to be looking at the console, attempt to log in to the game, and once the server acknowledges the login, quickly do:
/tpx warmack 0

This will put the character back in the overworld (dimension 0). It might still fail then, but it could bring you closer to it not failing after that.

You are likely correct in regards to the marble generation; my error log was riddled with redpower generation notes. And since my 14th age bore dense ores... I don't know, perhaps the nikolite or marble was being funny with it. Recovering the world, then skipping that book when starting mystcraft over has not caused the same error since, though I got a second dense ore book at age 91 (I couldn't re-enter mystcraft's 14th book to see what symbols it had as I did a brief test with a newer backup after the first fiasco, and it gave me the same problem) and the 91st age doesn't lock me out of game-- though I do crash if I move funny. I backed up around the corner of a quarry and crashed to desktop, and stepped on some redstone ore and crashed to desktop. Mystcraft is just a little finicky.

The problem isn't ores, it's marble. Specifically, marble generates in stone exposed to air. Some worlds have more such exposed stone than others, and the marble generation algorithm gets stuck trying to iteratively create All The Marble Ever. This is notably common with cave worlds and skylands, although sometimes you can get lucky with either.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
I just realized that you may be able to edit the seed and symbols on the age by editing the agedata_14.dat file so that it uses a seed that isn't corrupt or remove any symbols causing it to be corrupt, it may simply regenerate back to how it was before but it's worth a try :)

Status
Not open for further replies.