Way to Farm GeoStrata Purple Crystals (XP crystals)?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

UnholyHakisak

Jul 29, 2019
hey,
Im running FTB monster. and i was wondering if anyone knows a way of farming the XP that the GeoStrata purple crystal's gives players when they stand close to it without actually having a player standing on a drain.
eg: can you automatically get it as a liquid into the buildcraft fluid pipes somehow?
anyone know?
if soo, what is the largest possible fluid tank per the space that it takes up (most compact)?
thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Open Blocks has an Exp drain and a tank to drain exp from a player. The issue is that, to my knowledge, it can't be automated. Just pump it out with what ever piping you want.

Railcraft's multiblock tanks are fantastic for liquid storage. The steel tanks are quite "expensive" though, but have increased capacity.

UnholyHakisak

Jul 29, 2019
hmmm, thanks anyway. i know about the XP drain, but was just wondering if theres a way to automate it without the player standing on a drain next to the crystals.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Tinkers' Construct Essence Berry Bushes can be automated with Thermal Expansion's Autonomous Activator.

Here's a Direwolf20 vid of where he builds a set up for it:

DorinnB

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't tried but i've heard npc trigger those crystals and create many xp bubble but aren't able to get them.
May be a vaccum from rotary could absorb them for you ?

I will try in few hour.

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
i leave my character on xp drain while im afk.got around 350 buckets after 25-30 mins ;)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
they are not that rare , at least in my world.and if you mine them with fortune 3 pick you get 8-12 crystals per crystal 'block'.
Essence berries are what he was talking about, and yes, they are quite rare.
Crystals? Spot on, yes, correct. Not what @Wagon153 was talking about, nor @Pilkie as a reminder.