WARNING: DO NOT FIGHT THE CHAOS GUARDIAN IN HARDCORE WORLDS

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
I spent months of work building a world in PO2 only to have it ripped away in an instant.

The Draconic Evolution Chaos Guardian has some kind of glitch with it with HQM, when it shoots its red orbs it will insta kill you as normal, but it wont just do that.

IT WILL SAP YOUR LIVES OVER AND OVER. YES, YOU HEARD THAT RIGHT. IT WILL KILL YOU LITERALLY 30+ TIMES BEFORE YOU CAN RESPAWN.

This is a warning to everyone, creators and players alike. It happened to me, it can happen to you. I was lucky enough to survive it one time, then I tried it on creative spawning in lives as fast as it drained them trying to shoot the crystals and unfortunately on the 4th time it did this glitch I wasn't able to react fast enough and... well you can guess the rest. And yeah, it still saps your lives if you switch to creative. Fuck.

Am I mad? A little. Salty? Sort of. But honestly I'm quite relieved. I was honestly planning for the Chaos Guardian to be my endgame and quitting after I beat it. I severely underestimated it and look where it got me. I gotta stop playing these damn modpacks, they're wasting my life =u=

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
What armour were you using?
Full draconic, with a fully charged draconic flux capacitor. Also brought a draconic sword, 20 ExtraPlanets diamond apples, a lumium/pokefennium crossbow with glowstone bolts, and hopped into creative a few times. Despite all that me=instantly rekt.

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
Did you upgrade your energy shield?
I don't think so, I didn't have any items that could be classified as an energy shield that I know of, just armor and healing items. If it was in the armor GUI then I would have probably seen it. Even so, it really pains me to hear that something like this can happen. That's not how it works. It's supposed to kill you, give you the game over screen and let you respawn minus one life. And the weird part is, sometimes it did just that! It let me die and come back with no problems one time, and then sapped my lives in another! Not that it matters anymore, I'm not trying again unless I can salvage my world and I'm pretty sure that's gone for good.

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
331dl3n.png

The equipment I'm using for this test. Full draconic, with a flux capacitor (fully charged), a draconic sword (didn't need to use it) and a powerful crossbow (didn't want to go through the trouble of remaking my old one so I just used an infinity crossbow with infinity+ref glowstone bolts.

5v9or5.png

Here we are in the End. As you can see I am fully stocked up on a stack of 40 lives. If the test is successful they will be drained continuously.

ipm5qa.png

14tu804.jpg

And there we are! Lives are being drained almost as fast as I can replenish them! I guess you COULD survive against this, but you would have to carry HUNDREDS of full hearts with you, and you couldn't really fight back or run away...

Anyway, theory confirmed! Spread the word and save other people from the same fate!

Feydaway

Jul 29, 2019
First: never, never, ever stay in that breath. It will kill you in seconds.

Second: dump the crossbow and get a fully upgraded Draconic bow on auto fire. Add infinity to it.

Third: It's not important HOW you do it, but make sure you have Flux capacitor RF of over 1 billion total. I use a fully upgraded Draconic Flux Capacitor and a few upgraded Wyvern Capacitors in my inventory.

Fourth: Your Draconic armor should be fully upgraded so that you have max energy shield, max shield regen, and increased flight speed. Make sure you set your flight speed on high so that you can get out of the breath and avoid attacks during the fight.

Now, go fight him and make sure to dodge as many attacks as possible and stay out of the breath. It can take a long time because you must be patient. Took me around 15 minutes to beat him.

feffog

Aug 7, 2020
i think it was thorns 3 enchant on all armor pieces but the dragon insta killed itself by killing me

i laughed my ass completely off