"WARNING Can't keep up"

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
B

blincoln14

Title:
"WARNING Can't keep up"
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Unleashed
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
So I don't know a ton about minecraft servers and running them but I have a small server (1024 MB RAM) through MCProHosting that I'm running FTB unleashed on. Typically 3-5 people play on it. It's been running great except now there seems to be a bit more lag and I'm getting a message on the console nearly once a minute that says " WARNING Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?" Is there something I should do?

O

omegarobotics

That message typically means the server is running out of RAM. I don't know of any real server side optimization improvements, so my only real suggestion would be to get more RAM.

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Title:
"WARNING Can't keep up"
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Unleashed
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
So I don't know a ton about minecraft servers and running them but I have a small server (1024 MB RAM) through MCProHosting that I'm running FTB unleashed on. Typically 3-5 people play on it. It's been running great except now there seems to be a bit more lag and I'm getting a message on the console nearly once a minute that says " WARNING Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?" Is there something I should do?

That message typically means the server is running out of RAM. I don't know of any real server side optimization improvements, so my only real suggestion would be to get more RAM.

Yeah, Get more ram.