Wanting a very specific code

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dragonlife284

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if anyone new a Melee turtle Lua code to make the turtle move around the room and attack anything it finds on its layer. Anybody have any idea's?

SuperLuigi10

Jul 29, 2019
A couple more questions:
1. Is the spawner on the floor or one above the floor (meaning one air block of space)?
2. What mob is the spawner spawning?
3. What dimension is the spawner in?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
While it is entirely possible to write this code, I suspect it would be much easier and faster to use water streams or conveyor belts to bring mobs to a central location for killing.

EDIT: just mocked something up real quick. Should work as long as you place it on a level with no blocks in it. It will move forward and to the right from where it starts. It does not track its position so you'll need to manually restart it when the server restarts or the chunk unloads.

function safeForward()
while not turtle.forward()
turtle.attack()
end
end

function row()
for i=1, 6 do
safeForward()
end
end

function rowRight()
row()
turtle.turnRight()
safeForward()
turtle.turnRight()
end

function rowLeft()
row()
turtle.turnLeft()
safeForward()
turtle.turnLeft()
end

function rowEnd()
row()
turtle.turnRight()
turtle.turnRight()
end

function pass()
for i=1, 7 do
if i == 7 then
rowEnd()
elseif i % 2 == 0 then
rowLeft()
else
rowRight()
end
end

while true do
pass()
end

SuperLuigi10

Jul 29, 2019
While it is entirely possible to write this code, I suspect it would be much easier and faster to use water streams or conveyor belts to bring mobs to a central location for killing.

My thoughts exactly, which is why I asked about the mob and dimensions (though I didn't think about conveyers, so the dimension really shouldn't matter).

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Just asking, a little offtopic, but how well would a Steve's Cart with an Advanced Shooter work for a mob farm?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Just asking, a little offtopic, but how well would a Steve's Cart with an Advanced Shooter work for a mob farm?

here's some information about that module http://stevescarts2.wikispaces.com/Advanced+Shooter
but my opinion? not really worth it as you have to keep it fueled, have to keep it loaded with arrows and you need to lay out tracks, which takes up places for mobs to spawn.
but if you want to do it for fun, sure, go ahead, looks like a fun setup :)

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
here's some information about that module http://stevescarts2.wikispaces.com/Advanced Shooter
but my opinion? not really worth it as you have to keep it fueled, have to keep it loaded with arrows and you need to lay out tracks, which takes up places for mobs to spawn.
but if you want to do it for fun, sure, go ahead, looks like a fun setup :)

I want it for some mobs that an autospawner can spawn but a grinder doesn't work on like the regular iron golems. Not sure if advanced shooter can be configured to fire on iron golems or not. :/

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I want it for some mobs that an autospawner can spawn but a grinder doesn't work on like the regular iron golems. Not sure if advanced shooter can be configured to fire on iron golems or not. :/

try it out in a test world, it's the quickest way to find out. but there are also other ways of killing mobs, you could use IC2, Forcefield, Turrets, Vanilla fall damage, Cactusses, all kinds of things. it just depends on what you want. do you want it to be efficient? do you need a large amount of drops? do you only need the experience?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, you're right. I should try out in a CSP world and see how it goes. I just want somewhere to use all those arrows I got from my T5 Skeleton Spawner.

Dragonlife284

Jul 29, 2019
the spawner is spawning zombies, it is on the floor and i want to use a melee turtle so that XP is dropped and gathered in a brain in a jar for collecting whenever i have time. The spawner is not floating nor is it in the floor it is the block on top of where the mossy stone would be

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Then place the turtle one above where the spawner is and let it run Neirin's code. It'll also need fuel.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Steves carts don't need to move to shoot. One track and a microblock is enough. Make the ceiling glass and you can run them on solar power. Of course that only works for Soul Shards spawners.

Of course you could make a Wither Skeleton Farm and run the cart off of the coal they drop instead.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Steves carts don't need to move to shoot. One track and a microblock is enough. Make the ceiling glass and you can run them on solar power. Of course that only works for Soul Shards spawners.

Of course you could make a Wither Skeleton Farm and run the cart off of the coal they drop instead.
Why only Soul Shard spawners? Wouldn't the same concept work with vanilla spawners (jacked with a Force Wrench) and/or MFR's Auto-Spawner?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Forgot MFR. For vanilla, the light would interfere with the spawner. Soul Shards T5's are redstone responsive, but not affected by light.

Actually, with MFR, and a glass ceiling, you could make a 7 solar turtles, then have them Attack, move, repeat 6 times, turn around and go back, then drop anything they pick up into chests then start over.