Whitelist Server Volition Gaming - A Family Friendly Server [New World, Plugins, Dedicated, 24/7, and more]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Bump :)

Update: The server is offline at the moment, there is an issue at the datacenter that is affecting a few servers...we happen to be one of the lucky ones that are affected. Will update once I have more information, hopefully it'll be back up soon (as quite a few of my websites are also being affected :()

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
We've gotten 10 new members over the past few days, thanks everyone! I've moved the age requirement to 18+ in order to get a few more "older" people onto the server so it doesn't completely fill up with youngsters (no offense youngsters...)

Vissychan

Jul 29, 2019
I have to be honest, a lousy first impression. I was whitelisted, and 24 hours later, after several logins, I get online with someone else there, who explains to me that I have no permissions as despite being whitelisted I am only a guest. I then go off to explore a little to find a new home while waiting, as I'm told the owner is pretty swift when it comes to rectifying problems, but after about half an hour I starved down to half a heart and then was killed by a 3 blocks fall due to lag from someone else entering a portal...still no sign of the owner, so I messaged on the website and his enjin page with no reply either. I don't get a lot of free time being a father, and having spent 20 minutes on my application, and then 24 hours after being whitelisted still being unable to play or do anything, I got bored of wasting my time and left. I would like to say however, that the players I spoke to were friendly, tried their best to help and advise me, and were generally a good bunch. Unfortunately I really don't have enough free time to wait around for things that were alledgedly already taken care of, with no admin, mod or owner in sight.

NashuLee

Jul 29, 2019
I will say this, since I have been on the server, I have had nothing but good experience with both the admin and all the players ion the sight. We have has some hick ups but the response from the admin/owner has always been quick. But that is not to say that at times, we may have real life things happen that take some precedence over the video game.
Vissy, I was on when you were and I understand your frustration. But I feel like I should clarify though. You posted on the website at 8:40pm our time, that you were having issues. You re posted at 8:49pm our time, and then you quite due to no response at 9:24pm. (all in my time zone) In my opinion, I don't think it is reasonable to think that their will be an Admin or Mod on at all times of the day 24/7 7 days a week. I think that at least a 24 to 48 hour response time is valid. I was on with you and to be honest, you were pretty vocal and upset about the lack of response to the post on the website within 20 minutes and had decided this was a waste of your time within the hour and had quit, then quickly came here and posted this.

Again, this is just my opinion and I do not speak for the admin or owner of the server when I say , wow, a little bit of patience would be good. I personally feel this is a great server, very relaxed and easy going. Sometimes the world can't react in the instant we want it to. Good luck on the server search.

Reactions: Staxed

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Let me respond to each of your points separately. Before I do so, I would like to say that while for the past 2-3 months I have put about 80% of my free time into this server, believe it or not I have a real life, a family, a job...most likely just like you do. You'll have to excuse me if I'm a little offended by your lack of patience. There is nothing listed anywhere that says I will be able to get on right away when anyone has an issue and fix it immediately.

I have to be honest, a lousy first impression. I was whitelisted, and 24 hours later, after several logins, I get online with someone else there, who explains to me that I have no permissions as despite being whitelisted I am only a guest.

I have to be honest as well, while I was impressed with your initial application and immediately decided to accept you and make you a builder on my server...my second impression has been much less enjoyable. Patience is certainly something to be respected, and a lack of it...especially when talking about something like an MC server where the owner spends his free time to run it for other's enjoyment, out of his own pocket and great expense...doesn't really sound like the type of person that is going to fit in well on this server anyway.

I then go off to explore a little to find a new home while waiting, as I'm told the owner is pretty swift when it comes to rectifying problems, but after about half an hour I starved down to half a heart and then was killed by a 3 blocks fall due to lag from someone else entering a portal.

Since you were still a visitor (albeit you should have already had build rights), I fail to see what this has to do with anything. You can't collect anything, all you can do is explore...so dying has 0 effect on you, you lose nothing.

still no sign of the owner, so I messaged on the website and his enjin page with no reply either. I don't get a lot of free time being a father, and having spent 20 minutes on my application, and then 24 hours after being whitelisted still being unable to play or do anything, I got bored of wasting my time and left.

I don't get a lot of free time either, and the amount that I do get is normally spent on the server helping people, fixing things, or (shockingly) playing as well. I responded to your message on Enjin less than an hour after you posted it...so I'm not sure where you get that I didn't reply ;).

Unfortunately I really don't have enough free time to wait around for things that were alledgedly already taken care of, with no admin, mod or owner in sight.

If you can't find something else to do while waiting for someone else to get done with "real life" to take care of a video game, then perhaps this family friendly server isn't the place you need to be.

I would like to say however, that the players I spoke to were friendly, tried their best to help and advise me, and were generally a good bunch..

Thank you very much, I certainly do appreciate that...we do have a very good group of people here!

While I'm not very easy to insult or make mad, I have to say that your impatience over the span of a 24 hour period is highly insulting, and this incedent has made me question whether I should have approved you so fast anyway...as most new people to the whitelist can have a wait of up to 3 days while we review their application. I have moved you back down to a probationary member instead of a full builder and we will revisit your application in a week. If you choose to find another place to play because of that, that is understandable. I certainly hope we can overcome the issues we've faced here and move on and have fun in this game. I do appreciate your post about the server...and hopefully you take my response constructively as well.

Thank you,
Daniel B.

Nashu, thank you for the kind words!
kind words

Reactions: Tdb360

HazDS

Jul 29, 2019
I applied too! Hope your still accepting applications been a while since someone posted here.

Cheers Haz.

Dave Becker

Jul 29, 2019
I applied as well but im getting a popup on your site now that wont let me on.
boxsmall.jpg

You must add your character for Minecraft (PC)
Please verify your minecraft character
1. In Minecraft login to mclogin.enjin.com by using the Direct Connect option (Don't use "Add Server"). You will be kicked from the server and provided with a code. Enter the code below.
Enter code provided by server:
But it never connects and gives me a code to enter. So i cant even visit the site anymore.

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
I applied as well but im getting a popup on your site now that wont let me on.
boxsmall.jpg

You must add your character for Minecraft (PC)
Please verify your minecraft character
1. In Minecraft login to mclogin.enjin.com by using the Direct Connect option (Don't use "Add Server"). You will be kicked from the server and provided with a code. Enter the code below.
Enter code provided by server:
But it never connects and gives me a code to enter. So i cant even visit the site anymore.
Dave,
My understanding is that Mojang was having authentication issues with pre-1.7 clients. The Enjin authentication is unfortunately out of my hands.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and hope you can get through soon.

-Bill

oddball519

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't seen very family friendly if you have to be 18 to join. Just sayin'

Also the age limit can be an annoyance to a lot of people because of the fact that some kids are accepted on and others now are denied, but still just making a point

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't seen very family friendly if you have to be 18 to join. Just sayin'

Also the age limit can be an annoyance to a lot of people because of the fact that some kids are accepted on and others now are denied, but still just making a point

As explained in the opening post: "We were created as a place where families could get together and spend some time getting to know other like-minded families, or just to hang out and be able to play together in a multiplayer environment without the fear of having to censor things for their children"

If you had taken the time to contact us privately rather than a post here and on our own forum, you'd have learned that the majority of our active players are under 18. We are currently interested in growing the server but at this time we are focused on mature players; both in age and attitude.

-Bill

Indie

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all. It's literally been months since I was on here, and indeed since I last played MC at all. I bought a server for my family and friends, but it didn't seem to get much use. Since then, my life took a bit of a sideways step.
But I'm back, and wondering if your server is still up and running, and if you're still accepting applications? My MC skills will have vacated my brain by now, so I'll be 'rusty' to say the least!
It seems as though I can't access the forum, but can access the application page on your website. But I didn't want to come across as being too forward by applying before asking.
Hope to hear from you soon.

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all. It's literally been months since I was on here, and indeed since I last played MC at all. I bought a server for my family and friends, but it didn't seem to get much use. Since then, my life took a bit of a sideways step.
But I'm back, and wondering if your server is still up and running, and if you're still accepting applications? My MC skills will have vacated my brain by now, so I'll be 'rusty' to say the least!
It seems as though I can't access the forum, but can access the application page on your website. But I didn't want to come across as being too forward by applying before asking.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Indie,

I've sent you a private message regarding the server status.

-Bill

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Volition Gaming is back with a few changes...instead of just a server, we are now a Gaming Community...though at the moment we are only focussed on Minecraft. We have one server up right now (running a custom pack, in Beta at the moment but still very stable server to play on, more information on that server can be found here.

We will also be setting up a more "hardcore" server in the next week most likely. Both of these servers will be split into their own threads in the near future...but I just wanted to update this to let those who were originally interested in a family friendly environment know that we are back.

Also, we are only accepting an age limit of 17+ right now. (with the exception of kids/family of current members)

Please feel free to post here or PM me if you have any questions. Thanks!