Whitelist Server Volition Gaming - A Family Friendly Server [New World, Plugins, Dedicated, 24/7, and more]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
VG_zps1990b461.jpg

Website: volitiongaming.com - Server IP: playmc.volitiongaming.com
about Volition Gaming

Volition Gaming is a community of mature players who enjoy playing together in a family friendly atmosphere. No foul language, no constant off-color jokes, no drama, just fun times. We were created as a place where families and individuals could get together and spend some time getting to know other like-minded people, or just to hang out and be able to play together in a multiplayer environment without the fear of having to censor things for their children (or just for those of us who don't like hear that type of stuff).

While we restrict normal membership to 18+, there may be younger children around that are playing with their parents or siblings. You must be 18+ to apply for the whitelist, but once on the whitelist you can invite family members (hence resulting in younger children).
server specs
  • 8gb RAM (16gb Burstable, up to 64gb if needed)
  • 3.9ghz Intel Xeon E5-1620v2 Processor
  • Solid State Drive (RAID 1)
  • Daily backups
  • Auto Save-All every 5 minutes, safe from long roll backs!
server details
  • We are currently running on a custom pack using FTB Monster as a base
  • Hard Difficulty
  • There are currently no banned items
  • Mining World (reset on a regular basis)
rules
  1. No griefing
  2. No stealing
  3. Be respectful to everyone
  4. Don't enter someone's base uninvited
  5. Don't leave floating trees
  6. Only consentual pvp is allowed
  7. Racism, sexism, foul language, etc will not be tolerated
  8. Age is 18+ (and mature) unless you are joining as a family
  9. Political, religious, etc discussions ARE allowed as long as they remain civil. We are friends in this community and anyone who disrupts that will be banned. Disagreement does not require arguement.
whitelist application process

In order to provide the type of environment that we want on Volition Gaming, we have a stringent white-list application in place. We only want those who are serious about wanting a family friendly environment to be a part of the community. For this reason, in order to become a member of the server you must go through the following application process:

Step 0: (optional) bump this thread and let us know you are interested
Step 1: Register at volitiongaming.com
Step 2: Complete the application

What happens next?​
  • The current members of the Volition Gaming Community will vote on your application, yay or nay. Vote can take up to 48 hours, but can be ended early once the majority of our members vote.
other information
  • Volition Gaming is a Gaming Clan that was recently formed and is based on the desire to have a family friendly environment and a fun group of friends to play other games. We currently only have a minecraft server, but plan to expand into other games eventually
  • We have a Teamspeak server setup and ready to use
donations
Donations are completely optional, and help to support the running and upgrading of the server and website.

We have a rank structure on the server that allows for more abilities, player commands, and other perks. The ranks are earned through activity and dedication to the server. However, for those that want to help support the server...equivalent ranks can also be awarded via donations. (please note: the highest and most prestigious rank must be earned...it can not be received via donation)

Donations are one time or subscription based only - we do not offer items or kits for donations.

staff
Current Staff:
Staxed - Leader/Admin
whd23- Founder/Admin
HazDS- Founder/Admin
Nashulee- Founder/Admin
krugle- Founder/Admin

Do not ask for a staff position. Staff members are chosen based off of their willingness to help the community and their skill. When staff members are needed, they will be chosen from the existing member base.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darth Sith

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
This is placed in Casual Servers while it is in development/discussion. Once it is settled, a moderator can shuffle it where it needs to end up going. =)

Reactions: Staxed

Stocks

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I've been enjoying Unleashed 1.1.3 lately, as far as 1.5.2 vs 1.6 really doesn't matter to me. I don't have any issues with updating individual mods etc, but I would imagine some would so simpler is better in that regard. I do like BoP, but its not anything I can't live without. Donation are something I'd be fine with, 5-10/month seems reasonable. If this turns out to be a good stable server (with people, not the hardware) then I'd be fine with even more as time goes on. Twostocks and Threestocks for the whitelist when its time for that.

Thanksfor your efforts!

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
Staxed,

How would you feel about Enchanting Plus? I hate the random enchant mechanism.

Is there a way you could restrict the creation of Mystcraft worlds while still allowing the use of linking books? I love me some linking book + nether hub world navigation.

Regarding using a custom versus an FTB pack I'd just make the observation that if you're already acting as the admin that maintaining a mod pack would be that much more on your plate. Wouldn't you rather be playing? :)

I don't know how much server play I could participate in, but if I became a regular user I would likely kick some $$ your way each month.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
maintaining the pack wouldn't really be that much work, and I actually enjoy doing that type of stuff :)...still, it's a valid point.

As to enchanting plus, that is fine with me...and actually had already planned to enable it. I'm not looking for balance between mods at all, I'm just looking for fun...I'll leave it up to the players on if they want to make things challenging for themselves or not :).

As to the Mystcraft worlds, I'll look into it, I still haven't completely made up my mind about it. I'll most likely enable Mystcraft, but set it so only I can create worlds. I don't want everyone having their own worlds and never being together, etc. I don't see a problem with that request though, hubs are useful :)

NashuLee

Jul 29, 2019
I would prefer using the FTB based launcher and stuff. I would rather not have to manually do things on my mac and then do them on my kids PC. Just my .02 I am all about easy and simple.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I have to look into the ATLauncher more, but I'm hoping it allows a quicker method of custom packs, but works similar to how a custom pack would work on the ftb launcher. If anyone knows, that's would be awesome :D

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...anyone have any opinions on Resonant Rise, I've been hearing a lot of good things about it lately...

http://www.atlauncher.com/packs/ResonantRise/

No personal experience with RR, but I've also heard good things about it.

Paging through the mod list it would appear I'd have a lot of learning to do (that's OK) but I didn't see anything that I'd be missing or that I wouldn't want to have.

Edit: I'd still like to see Enchanting Plus, though.

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...anyone have any opinions on Resonant Rise, I've been hearing a lot of good things about it lately...

http://www.atlauncher.com/packs/ResonantRise/

Ouch. I just installed the ATLauncher and kicked off an instance of RR. Perhaps it's because I'm running on Ubuntu and using Chrome, but I had to download 13 mods manually. ATLauncher said it was opening the browser to the download source, but it did not. So each mod was a Google search, AdFly pause, etc.

I wouldn't characterize the experience as "user-friendly."

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Ouch. I just installed the ATLauncher and kicked off an instance of RR. Perhaps it's because I'm running on Ubuntu and using Chrome, but I had to download 13 mods manually. ATLauncher said it was opening the browser to the download source, but it did not. So each mod was a Google search, AdFly pause, etc.

I wouldn't characterize the experience as "user-friendly."

eek.

I know what it does is allows pack creators to skip getting permissions for including mods in their pack, if they don't have permissions, it opens it up to download yourself (and then installs it for you), I thought it was supposed to link right to the download page though.

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
eek.

I know what it does is allows pack creators to skip getting permissions for including mods in their pack, if they don't have permissions, it opens it up to download yourself (and then installs it for you), I thought it was supposed to link right to the download page though.

To be fair, it may be a configuration in my Unity environment that kept the auto-launch of the browser from working for ATLauncher. I'm not blaming the software and it might work 100% for folks on Windows, OSX, or other Linux variants (or with the right browser settings).

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Staxed, I would be interested in RR. I just downloaded the ATLauncher and it runs fine on my PC. However, some mods it automatically downloads. Others, it pulls up the webpage and you have download it and copy it the ATLauncher. A little bit of a pain if you ask me. Anyway, I'm launching a SSP right now.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
On second thought maybe RR isn't the way to go. I loaded it up and tried to start playing it. It had very bad lag in SSP. I play Unleashed SSP with no issues and my rig is a $2000 custom build so I know it isn't my machine. I can't imagine the server headaches if the SSP is this bad.

However, count me in for what ever you do come up with. Just to let you know I haven't played much of the 1.5 packs yet. Played very heavily with the Mindcrack and Direwolf packs. For me something with AE and TiC is a must.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
For me something with AE and TiC is a must.

lol, probably two of my favorite as well :D

I think it's most likely going to be Unleashed to start with...then once the launcher is updated I might add a few more mods into it as a custom pack available in the launcher. (Universal Electricity stuff, openblocks, etc)

NashuLee

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds Good to me[DOUBLEPOST=1377866621][/DOUBLEPOST]what will you want to use to communicate?

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I will be creating a forum on the website I linked, probably will setup a TS3 server as well.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
quick update for everyone, I'm not sure we'll have a creative world right now due to multiverse not being updated in forever. There is multiworld that could be used to create a creative world...but the issue is shared inventory between worlds. Don't want to allow people to bring creative spawned stuff into the non creative worlds.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully should be on time to be ready for release tomorrow, got pretty much everything set, just working on permissions which takes a little while with so many mods...lol.

Oh, and for those that like BoP...I have pregenned a 1000 block radius of the world with normal worldgen, and then enabled BoP generation outside of that...so once new chunks are explored, BoP should start generating.

Reactions: Stocks