Solved Void Resource Miner pulls up Chisel blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kzorith

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem Void Resource Miner pulls up Chisel blocks

Pack Version 1.8.0

What is the bug? In running the Environment Tech void resource miner, it is pulling up cracked marble and cracked limestone from Chisel rather than the raw blocks. It's also pulling up every chiseled version of Ice in the pack. I have yet to see it actually give me a single block of Minecraft ice. This was only after a few hours of running the miner, so my sample size isn't large enough yet.

I suspect there is a configuration somewhere to correct this as I have noted that the various "slimy" blocks from Tinker's Construct (slimy grass, slimy dirt) are not showing up in the miner. (Not complaining about that at all.)

Mod & Version I am not sure what the versions are but they are the ones in the Direwolf20 1.12 v1.8.0 pack

Chisel
Environmental Tech

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Yes. I'm running a single player world.
1. Create a void resource miner (Tier 1 will do)
2. Power it and let it run for a few hours.

I believe Direwolf20 has been experiencing this for a while as I remember seeing it in several of his earlier videos with this pack.

Known Fix A workaround would be to hook up a trashcan to a chest next to the miner and void all the ice being generated.
I can't think of one for the Marble and Limestone.

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
It is working as it is meant to be.
It will also pull up the raw blocks, everything is a % chance of being pulled from the void.
Unless you've 100% confirmed that it is only pulling chiseled variants.

Kzorith

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm 100% that it is only pulling up "chiseled" cracked marble and limestone from Chisel (not any of the other variants) and only the chiseled ice. It is not pulling up the raw versions of these at all.

Edit: Looking in JEI, raw ice can not be pulled up from the Void Resource Miner. Nor can raw marble or limestone.

I don't think that the miner should be pulling up Chisel variants of blocks at all. It should only pull the raw versions from the void because, in general, that's all you should find naturally occurring in the world. RF Tools dimensions plays loose with that rule, but let's just assume a pack without that.

That's only my opinion though. It's not a show stopper for me, just an annoyance.
Kz

Last edited:

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Hi there,

Thank you for your patients. This issue has been addressed and fixed in the latest release of the modpack, 1.9.0 - it's still a beta mind so be sure to backup before updating. As such, this issue will now be closed. If you're still experiencing problems please open a new issue report via the same method as before.

Many thanks once again for your help to find and iron out the various issues in the modpack.

Changelog (Basic):
https://www.feed-the-beast.com/projects/ftb-presents-direwolf20-1-12/files/2534193

Status
Not open for further replies.