Void fog

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kurruk

Jul 29, 2019
At one point in time there was an option in tconstruct to disable void fog but it has since disappeared. In the 1.6 packs is there a way to disable void fog?

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Well then.

No need to get mad, just trying to help. Optifine has worked fine for me, and lots of people.
It breaks a million different mods, and all it really helps with in a large pack like this is connected textures and void fog.

And void fog can be removed with other means.

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Last time I played FTB which was flipping ages ago Optifine was working for me perfectly fine. I didn't think that Optifine or FTB would change TOO much?

Or would it?
I mean FTB still has the exact same launcher they did when FTB was initially released.
The packs have already leaped from 1.4 to 1.6, and with those come a shitload of changes. Try OptiFine in FTB Ultimate and it's not too bad.

Try it in Unleashed and MPS stuff goes crazy, as well as a bunch of rendering bugs.

Try it in DW20 1.6... I wouldn't even dare

kurruk

Jul 29, 2019
I was looking for a config setting to remove it, not a new mod. But I'll try it anyway.[DOUBLEPOST=1387166958][/DOUBLEPOST]It works but there is a considerable drop in my FPS. As I said, there is a hook in forge that will do this but I don't know where to enable it.

KapitanWalnut

Jul 29, 2019
Step 1: Clicky Linky
Step 2: Download and add to pack
Step 3: Try it, be amazed at my impressive Google Fu and give me a like :D
(Old post, I know but...) great, most of these mods work great for single player (like the one you linked) but don't work at all on multiplayer. It's odd, cause I thought void fog was generated client-side...
Any ideas on mods that work in FTB SMP without me having to try every one I find?

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
(Old post, I know but...) great, most of these mods work great for single player (like the one you linked) but don't work at all on multiplayer. It's odd, cause I thought void fog was generated client-side...
Any ideas on mods that work in FTB SMP without me having to try every one I find?
Necro much?

Anyways, it works great for me in both SSP and SMP...

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Souseiseki

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if this thread already has been necroed, let's do it again! :D
When I played Vanilla Minecraft I always played with the mod jatie1 posted. I tried to get it to work in FTB Unleashed, but to no avail.

I downloaded the correct mod version for Unleashed (which would be the one for 1.5.2) and first tried to simply put it into the Unleashed\minecraft\mods folder -> No effect
Then I tried to put it into the minecraft.jar at Unleashed\minecraft\bin - I couldn't delete any META-INF since the folder didn't exist -> Still no effect whatsoever

Isn't a simple .class file mod incompatible with Unleashed or what am I doing wrong? I assume I can't use the newer, Forge compatible, versions for Minecraft 1.6.4 since Unleashed runs on 1.5.2?

Thanks in advance!

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Necroing this again, link above no longer active and google is failing me..

Basically just need this to finish up my basement and currently I can't see squat.

Need 1.6.4 Void Fog Remover, not Optifine plse

Michael280

Jul 29, 2019
The copy of Nofog I use in my dw20 world was copied over from my Crashlanding world.

If you can't find a regular link for it just download Crashlanding and copy the mod over.

Reactions: ScottulusMaximus