Vine Harvesting - DireWolf20 1.18.2 (all versions thus far)

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Lex8P

May 28, 2022
Hi

Unsure whether where to post this, so posting it here.

I am unable to find a way to harvest vines through DireWolf20 1.18.2 (all versions thus far).
Each method of attempting to harvest, destroys the vine block.

The classic shears method just trims the vines and turns that block into a Quark variant.

Using Create to grow the 4x4 Jungle trees that have vines growing, when harvested using the mechanical saw, successfully destroys the entire tree and collects everything except vines.

Using silktouch on various tools doesn't collect vines either.

The modpack shows that it's possible to create vines using Botania's mana infusion to turn a lily-pad into a vine; however, I don't wish to go all the way down Botania's route just to obtain vines, when Vanilla provides shearing as one method and Create's tree farm as another.
The only other method in the modpack, is to use the Phytogenic Isolator from Thermal Series to duplicate an existing vine, when combined with water and a fertilizing agent (bone meal, etc.) This method requires a vine to begin the process and I don't wish to cheat a vine in, just to begin the process of obtaining vines. This isn't even taking into account the power requirements.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
I've been shearing vines using right click with a kama tool (from Tinker's) successfully. I haven't tried using vanilla shears though.

ETA: I just tested this and it's behaving as you describe above, perhaps my vines came from an older version. Currently on 1.4.1.

Last edited:

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
Hi

Unsure whether where to post this, so posting it here.

I am unable to find a way to harvest vines through DireWolf20 1.18.2 (all versions thus far).
Each method of attempting to harvest, destroys the vine block.

The classic shears method just trims the vines and turns that block into a Quark variant.

Using Create to grow the 4x4 Jungle trees that have vines growing, when harvested using the mechanical saw, successfully destroys the entire tree and collects everything except vines.

Using silktouch on various tools doesn't collect vines either.

The modpack shows that it's possible to create vines using Botania's mana infusion to turn a lily-pad into a vine; however, I don't wish to go all the way down Botania's route just to obtain vines, when Vanilla provides shearing as one method and Create's tree farm as another.
The only other method in the modpack, is to use the Phytogenic Isolator from Thermal Series to duplicate an existing vine, when combined with water and a fertilizing agent (bone meal, etc.) This method requires a vine to begin the process and I don't wish to cheat a vine in, just to begin the process of obtaining vines. This isn't even taking into account the power requirements.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Are you still having issues with this? If so, I don't see a bug report here (which is the best place to get the pack editors to look into it) https://github.com/FTBTeam/FTB-Modpack-Issues/issues