Village Spawning problem

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

WilloftheWay

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been messing about on the 1.5+ beta with gregtech and I added a handful of mods to it myself, Ars Magica and Better Dungeons being the two that I can think of that might be causing this issue. I really wanted to find a village to set up a permanent residence in/nearby for the narrative playthrough thing I'm doing, but I cannot for the life of me find one. I've explored upwards of 4000 blocks in every direction and eventually every direction just becomes forever ocean. I've found four oil ocean biomes and 3 mushroom island biomes. All in the overworld. Not one single village. Now Ars Magica and Better Dungeons both add building worldgen, could these be constricting possible village locations too much?

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
under your configs see what you have true for village spawning might not be set for the biomes your in.

WilloftheWay

Jul 29, 2019
Which config should I be looking through? I can't seem to find village generation disabling in either the Ars Magica, or the ludicrously bloated Better Dungeons config (Honestly the only reason I made the final decision to get better dungeons were the amazing airships I rememember it spawning in 1.2.5. But now those seem to be gone lol)

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
well its under extra biomes since its usually the one that prevents villages from spawning

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
hmm so they should be spawning but it's odd that their not maby just not lucky I tend to find quite a few villages so hopefully you will find some

Reactions: RedBoss