Village Expanding from Blood Magic?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes I watch captain sparklez mianite.. But as he is just a dude playing and knowing nothing about the mods themselves, I can't learn shit, so while I enjoy his entertainment I usually end up with a lot of doubts and one I have right now and that I seriously want to know is how to use blood magic to expand villages... Seen it happens like... A lot. The roads are made from netherbrick (or something like that, at least that color) and it supposedly spawns houses on its own.. Any help plis?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
That's from the demon invasion. And that's about all I know, but I know there are plenty of people around here familiar with it.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Basically, it is 'end tier'. It's not a village, though. It's decidedly... unfriendly. Mobs there will drop things for the Tier 6 altar, but you'd best be equipped for it. You open the portal in the center of their 'town', and it will spontaneously procedurally generate over time. The bigger it is, the more unpleasantness will be had, and the bigger and nastier unpleasantness that will occur.

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Basically, it is 'end tier'. It's not a village, though. It's decidedly... unfriendly. Mobs there will drop things for the Tier 6 altar, but you'd best be equipped for it. You open the portal in the center of their 'town', and it will spontaneously procedurally generate over time. The bigger it is, the more unpleasantness will be had, and the bigger and nastier unpleasantness that will occur.
Hmm this could make for an interesting pack focus. Is it containable? Or, more importantly, can you config how fast it grows?

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm this could make for an interesting pack focus. Is it containable? Or, more importantly, can you config how fast it grows?

No, as far as I know it's not containable. I've heard of it taking over whole worlds. I'm not sure what determines how fast it grows. I do know even with blood magic armor, the enemies are super challenging. It does take ALOT of resources to start. ALOT of resources... did I mention resources?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
According to the BM official site, it should stop around 100 square chunks. I'm getting ready to set this loose on a dedicated RFTools dimension. Unfortunately for my Minecraft habit (read: addiction), I'm moving soon and then have a ton of RL obligations. I hope to have it up and running shortly after the 4th of July.

Reactions: Psychicash

SenorColeTrain

Jul 29, 2019
I've not seen any of this. I guess I've been out of the game for a while, because last I checked, tier five was the highest altar. I'd love some screenshots of this.

-SenorColeTrain

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I've not seen any of this. I guess I've been out of the game for a while, because last I checked, tier five was the highest altar. I'd love some screenshots of this.

-SenorColeTrain
Highest altar was 5, and I'm fairly sure it still is.
Highest Orb may soon be T7. Or maybe is.