Vienminer

Kaimay

Jun 13, 2020
So im kinda new to the whole modded minecraft. at least when it comes to ftb. so i was wondering why i cant find vien miner in any of the packs or on the modlist. could some one explain?

LukezPvP

Jun 27, 2020
Start your modded minecraft learning with FTB Academy, it guides you through the basics of FTB modpacks. The vein miner is binded for the "grave" key as a default. With scandinavic keyboard "grave" is the letter Ö. Idk about the other keyboards.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
Veinminer is, in fact, a mod. However, most newer packs use Ore Excavation instead, because it tends to work a lot better. The functionality is basically the same though.

LukezPvP

Jun 27, 2020
And every modpack doesn't have Ore Excavation or Veinminer. Or you have to unlock it like in FTB Continuum I think.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
A mod, and a modpack are two totally different things.

Veinminer is a mod (and so is Ore Excavation for that matter), it can be included in modpacks.

Mods = individual modifying addons you can add to minecraft.
Modpack = a collection of individual mods, typically curated to give a new experience to minecraft.

Anyway, the tilde key is normally found just above the tab key and to the left of the 1 key on standard keyboards, the tilde looks like this ~