Very strange forum/site issue

Anhrak

Jul 29, 2019
So luckily this is solved now, else I couldn't post this here.

Earlier today I tried to get on the forums, but strangely I was logged off (while I normally am logged on automaticly.) I tried logging on, but nothing happened, it went straight to the homepage again, logged off.

But every time I tried to do something account-related, such as creating an account and Contact Us (meaning, I was literally OUT of reach for any help), I got a Security Error and got forced back to the previous page.

Now luckily this was solved by resolving the Log-Out URL code from the site so I could force-logoff, and then log back on normally. But I'm really curious about what actually happened, and hope none else would experience this.

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
I'm currently having the same issue. I had to switch to internet explorer (yuck)

Anhrak

Jul 29, 2019
Gamebuster. Click here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/misc/contact. Then, you should have an error page about a security problem. But for one moment, you'll see that you are logged into the site. Click on the Logout button on that same page, and then you should be able to log back in like normal.

Anhrak

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, precisely. You need to let your browser forget your login details so you're logged off.