Version problems for beginner

D

Daniel IIC

Hi,
I wanted to start with my friends a new game server for all of us with some fancy mods.
We where all keen on some tech modes and magic.

So i rented a games server but with all mods i tried:
FTB lite 3 1.5.0
untilmate 1.1.2
horizons 2.1.1

it gave me some version conflict error.
our MC version is 1.11.2.

is this normal? and if so, do you have any recommendations of packs that actually work ?

thanks
regards
Daniel

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
There are no official FTB packs for MC 1.11.2

FTB lite 3 and Horizons are for 1.7.10, Ultimate (I assume that's what you meant) is for Minecraft version 1.4.7. If you're setting up a server, you need forge for that version of Minecraft.

I recommend FTB Infinity Lite, The Hermitpack, or Direwolf20 is for 1.10.2 (The most recent version with modpacks available.), as they all have a large variety of mods

The way versioning works in general is each pack is for a specific version of Minecraft (Example: 1.7.10 for FTB lite 3), and each pack has it's own independent version with no relation to Minecraft version (FTB lite 3 1.5.0).

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
I wanted to start with my friends a new game server for all of us with some fancy mods.
We where all keen on some tech modes and magic.

So i rented a games server but with all mods i tried:
FTB lite 3 1.5.0
untilmate 1.1.2
horizons 2.1.1

it gave me some version conflict error.
our MC version is 1.11.2.

is this normal? and if so, do you have any recommendations of packs that actually work ?

thanks
regards
Daniel

I would make sure that the version your server rental is running the proper version for the modpack. Without more info I can't be of much more help than that.

D

Daniel IIC

erindalc,
thank you very much.

I found the MC launcher from FTB and this helped a lot!
It is for a newbee quite complicated that you need a particular minecraft number to work with a specific mod... but now it makes much more sense.

thank you again!

Reactions: erindalc