Vanilla tweaks mods (or pack)?

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
So, I was thinking about what mods "fixed" vanilla, because I wanted to create a small modpack with them for when I start my new survival world, the ones that I have so far:

EnchantView: Shows what the enchantment table will give you before you click on the enchantment.
Better Anvils: Removes the XP limit and other small tweaks on anvils.
invTweaks: allows you to easily manage your inventory, in both singleplayer and multiplayer.
Rei's Minimap: A beautiful minimap that shows the world, caves, mobs, etc. in a non-cheaty and laggy way, neither adds nyan cats to the menu.
Village Marker: allows the player to visualize villages.

OUTDATED:
Show Spawn Chunks: Spawn chunks are the vanilla chunkloaders, this mod shows them. (1.5.1)

does anyone have any suggestions of mods that I should add to the list? mods that do not add blocks or change worldgen are not accepted into the pack, just asthetic mods/bugfix mods to keep the vanilla feel.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
my apologies, posting from a phone is difficult.

as for suggestions within your limitations, I believe you're done

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I would go with Enchanting Plus instead of EnchantView, but it's your call.

Blackmoore

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a Mod that will let you tweek existing Mobs in Vanilla? i lothe the idea of installing Mo' Creatures and then turning off 95% of the mod just to tweak the spawn rate of Skellies and Zombies. (Hard is too hard, Normal is fine under 1.4, but too hard (for the group on my server) under 1.6)

Kik

Jul 29, 2019
:( sorry to have to point this out Dravarden but
"mods that do not add blocks or change worldgen are not accepted into the pack"
the double negative kinda makes your request for suggestions unclear

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Omg, yeah, I just saw that when you pointed it out! That's odd. So you want us to only give you mods that add blocks and change worldgen? I've got a big list then.

Reactions: Blackmoore

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Suddenly a typo is an excuse to make fun and suggest unwanted things.

My current enhanced vanilla pack is full of client side mods, to make vanilla better while still enabling me to connect to servers.

Modlist:
Optifine D3 (Higher versions won't work)
Shaders
Backtools
Matmos
Rei's Minimap
Forge (If I remember right, forge alone tweaks a lot of client-side things like buggy lighting, glitchy movement, etc)
Armor Status HUD (Or whatever it's called)
NEI