[Vanilla] Revert world from 19w37a back to 1.14.4?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
So I loaded up a copy of my main survival world in the latest snapshot to play around with bees, but after that I forgot I was in the snapshot and did a load of work, so now I don't want to revert to the 1.14.4 backup. However, it would seem the following bugfix causes problems:
MC-158988 - Minecraft will remove up to several hundred chunks per region if region file isn’t exact multiple of 4096 bytes
When I load up the world in 1.14.4, everything I've built gets erased because the chunks get regenerated. This is because the snapshot doesn't lock the region files to an exact multiple of 4096 bytes anymore. Does anyone have an idea of how to revert them back? I opened a region file with a hex editor, but I don't know enough about the format to know what to do. Would it be as simple as adding null characters until the file is an acceptable size?

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
Never mind, I ended up loading up the backed-up world and used creative mode to get back everything I lost. *shrug* It didn't turn out to be as much trouble as I thought!