Valuable bees productivity

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
I have ftb unleashed with gregtech installed on my single player world: since i can't afford leaving the matter fabbricator all die running, to get some iridium, i did like in my old ultimate world: i bred some valuable bees, planning to centrifuge the shiny dusts and get iridium
My bees have all the best traits ( also fastest productivity, from the aura bee) so , assuming that every frame doubles the productivity, i put the queens in alvearies with 6 impregnated frames each, hoping to get a platinum comb every "bee tick" like it was in my ultimate world
That isn't happening: i tested 2 alvearies, one with 6 frames, the other with 22!!!! frames: the first one produced 8 platinum combs for 70 rocky combs, the second one about 12 for 70, not even near the expected 35/70
I also tried different biomes: my facility is on a platform over a ocean/river biome, so i moved one of the alvearies in a forest to see if something changed
Am i missing something? Was there a nerf on valuable bees? Because i am getting the desired result both with ecstatic and refined bees with 6 frames

Reactions: MigukNamja

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
I know there was a change to forestry that made your bees have a chance to become swarmers if you
made your production more than 16x using frames (4 frames or mutation more than 10x (1 uranium). That might(?) have something to do with it, but I really couldn't say.

Edit:

Anyways I wouldn't recommend using more than 4 frames unless you don't mind replacing your princesses

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
that is the mutation multiplier, ye, if you give more than 10x bonus mutation ( say two mutators with 1 uranium each) then there is the chance your bee becomes a swarmer,
i've had refined bees running for days without problems

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
My advice would be to check the Forestry changelogs for any suspicious changes. Not sure what else could be causing it.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
that is the mutation multiplier, ye, if you give more than 10x bonus mutation ( say two mutators with 1 uranium each) then there is the chance your bee becomes a swarmer,
i've had refined bees running for days without problems
number stated by Gimply Goose about production and mutation boost are correct. at least they do match numbers that popped up when this thing started.

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
the bee doesn't become a swarmer ( it doesn't die) it just doesn't produce what it is supposed to.. gonna check those changelogs, though i don't belive that's a problem with forestry frames, since refined and ecstatic bees are doing their job
I never use more than 1 uranium ( 10x) to mutate

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
I would still use the mutation to 100% and such, and then extratct the bee species into a healthy couple.

Mutating without the 100% thing would be too annoying hehe

Having said that i havent been doing bees this last couple worlds.

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
ye, the only problem is that extracting traits has a 30% to kill your bee, say i extract rocky pollination and my bee dies Q.Q

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, but you can easily breed it a few times.
As i understand overloading the bees with uranium only adds a chance of breaking them on every cycle, right?

You should be able to breed a few glowing drones for decompilation b4 they turn into puddles of green goo.

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
yeye this is off topic btw: my damned valuable bees with fastest productivity trait AND 6 frames are not producing one platinum comb per "bee tick" , i tryed with 22 frames and still, no platinum comb per bee tick

Labhras

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it's one of those weird specialties. Like monastic requiring no entities nearby in order to produce mellow combs. Check your database and see if you can find if you're outside default territory.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm...check your GT configs. I know he nerfed the matter fabricator by a factor of 10 in 1.5.2 from 1.4.7. He may have nerfed the Valueable bee production as well.

Also, try upgrading your Impregnated to Chocolate using a couple of cocoa beans. My Forestry MultiFarm in manual mode with just 6x jungle tree trunks with cocoa attached produces way more cocoa than what I need.

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
i have one heroic bee to produce beans... Btw why should i put some chocolate frames instead of untreated/impregnated? they only shorten life spawn as far as i am concerned

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
They also give a 50% production boost beyond Impregnated ala the caffeine/sugar in chocolate.

http://ftbwiki.org/Chocolate_Frame

And, I was wrong about the recipe. It's 4 cocoa, but that shouldn't be a problem for you.

As an aside, I use Soul and Chocolate almost exclusively and can't think of a good use for Healing or Restraint. I also haven't tried the ThaumicBees frames - been meaning to compare Metabolic vs. Soul.

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
oblivion frame <3 aside from that impregnated frames give a 100% increase, which is better than choco eh.. Btw once you get a mutator, soul frames are useless

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Ah...you're right. Thanks for pointing that out.

"For increased production, Forestry's standard Frames are more effective."

source : http://ftbwiki.org/Chocolate_Frame

But, Soul Frames are far from useless. They reduce lifespan by to 75% of original. They are great to use if you don't have Oblivion. Then again, Chocolate + Mutator is better.

This is why I love these forums. Being wrong is often an educational experience !

Reactions: PeggleFrank