UU matter

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MokinFTB

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to add a new uu matter recipe to ftb ultimate? I want to be able to make AE quartz ore blocks cause they are a pain to be mined,and i already have excess UU.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I believe, in order to get such crossmod support, you either have to approach the IC2 team or the AE dev to add in such support.

ZethHQ

Jul 29, 2019
Use Equivalency, it's an addon for Equivalent Exchange 3 and adds many cross mod transmutations including iron to certus quartz. :)

MagusUnion

Jul 29, 2019
Try CustomStuff for something like that. I can't find the more simplified 'Custom Recipes' mod anymore, so I guess this is our only option for simple recipe changes...

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
MFR laser drill does get you certus quartz ore. shove those in a MFR block breaker to get the crystals and even the dust.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
If you're really concerned EE is the way to go. I am not sure how the current balance is, but if you find it OP you can put constraints on how you use the mod.

I used it to turn a lot of excess sand/dirt into iron. (1) I don't really care, iron is iron. (2) AE space is expensive and I hate clutter.

But I don't use the mod to make diamonds or other rare items. I just use it to condense excess. I am also running 1.4.7, so I don't have fancy quantum singularities to create.

MokinFTB

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all your responses :D I like the EE solution the best. I just cant seem to find Equivalency 1.4.7 and it would be nice if someone who had already done this tell me where to find it or how to change the recepie to make quartz crystals or quartz ore blocks
edit: i would rather go with custom stuff,but i am afraid i don't know how to use it

MokinFTB

Jul 29, 2019
Basically,i want the configuration like this to make the quartz crystal block x8. I think that won't be much out of balance for the price of 5 UU.i just don't know how to make the recipe using custom stuff
demo.jpg

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Basically,i want the configuration like this to make the quartz crystal block x8. I think that won't be much out of balance for the price of 5 UU.i just don't know how to make the recipe using custom stuffView attachment 8449
Guess the easy way would be to OP yourself, take a stack of ore and destroy 5 stacks of UU :p

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
im testing with version 0.9.8d of CS2. what you need to do:

1) make sure you run mc at least once with custom stuff installed, this will create folders you need to install this recipe

2) make a file called mod.js

3) put this in mod.js: (this will give 4 quartz crystals per 5 uu matter, tweak as you see fit)

Code:
mod.addAlias(30188, "uumatter");
mod.addAliasWithMetadata(4462, 6, "quartzcrystal");
// this will give you 4 crystals, tweak the 4 after 'quartzcrystal'
mod.addRecipe("quartzcrystal 4", 3, 3, "uumatter", "uumatter", 0, "uumatter", "uumatter", 0, 0, 0, "uumatter");

4) make a zip file called uumatter.zip. place mod.js inside this zip file. place zip file in /minecraft/config/CustomStuff/mods folder

now next time you load mc, try the recipe you posted, you should see quartz crystals in the output slot.

im thinking this needs more looking into. how cool would it be to make vines from jungle trees more useful. like...a plantball recipe. or make vine scaffolds have a fuel value for ic2 generators. also, sakura saplings dont work in the plantball recipe for saplings. that would be nice too.

edit: i missed the part you wanted the ore. try this instead in mod.js

Code:
mod.addAlias(30188, "uumatter");
mod.addAlias(2512, "quartzore");
// this will give you 8 quartz ore, tweak the 8 after 'quartzore'
mod.addRecipe("quartzore 8", 3, 3, "uumatter", "uumatter", 0, "uumatter", "uumatter", 0, 0, 0, "uumatter");

Last edited:

MokinFTB

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wow,forget about it,i just tried a newer version of cs2 and it works. I LOVE YOU MAN! <3 :D

Attachments

• crash-2013-12-01_09.36.28-server.txt
    17.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited: