Using railcraft with mystcraft portals ... I got problems

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
I am having a few issues when trying to get this to work in my test world before i go blowing my materials on my server world.

Issue #1 : After the cart travels through the portal, it remains stationary despite both areas being chunkloaded. So when I follow it through the portal, I am right on top of it, and have to nudge it to get it to the loader/unloader.

Issue#2 : The detector track stops the car and loads/unloads fine, but doesn't eject the cart down the line when finished. I end up having to nudge it back.

What I am trying to do is another way of transferring lava between the nether and the overworld via a different method. I've seen videos on youtube of this working, but can't ascertain how it's being down as they do a piss-poor job of explaining it.

beauedwards1991

Jul 29, 2019
For issue 1, either set the must portal to maintain momentum (book modifier?) Or just add a single booster track at the place where the cart spawns.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Maintain momentum? Not sure what ya mean there ... and I do have the booster track there, but it just doesn't move till I nudge it.

beauedwards1991

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft linking books can have a special property from mixing other ingredients in the ink mixer. One of these is called "Maintain momentum". Essentially, an object travelling at speed through the portal, maintains its speed on the other side.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Brenwwe

Jul 29, 2019
I am having a few issues when trying to get this to work in my test world before i go blowing my materials on my server world.

Issue #1 : After the cart travels through the portal, it remains stationary despite both areas being chunkloaded. So when I follow it through the portal, I am right on top of it, and have to nudge it to get it to the loader/unloader.

Issue#2 : The detector track stops the car and loads/unloads fine, but doesn't eject the cart down the line when finished. I end up having to nudge it back.

What I am trying to do is another way of transferring lava between the nether and the overworld via a different method. I've seen videos on youtube of this working, but can't ascertain how it's being down as they do a piss-poor job of explaining it.

Why not use TE tesseracts.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Brenwwe, I always used Tesseracts in the past, but wanted something different this time. That and w/o EE3 atm, pearls are kinda at a premium atm :)

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
well i think extra utilities adds ender lily seeds... for your pearl needs found in dugeons... but you may want to have booster rails on both sides of the mystcraft portal... maintain momentum is kinda... broken ATM but it doesnt hurt to have it on the linking book

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Can definitely confirm it is broken ... are there any ways to get the portals to work in such a fashion then? The cart just sits there after going through the portal. Then even after I nudge it to the loader/unloader, it doesn't kick it off when done