Using Logitics Pipes to autocraft dusts with Pulverizer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Arimus

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

I on recently started using Logistics Pipes (what an awesome mod!!!) but there is one thing I have not yet been able to do and that is auto craft any kind of dust using a crafting pipe on a pulverizer. I am able to request the dust from a request pipe and the dust is created, but the dust is then ejected from the pulverizer and lands on the ground. It isn't placed back into the LP network and sent to my request pipe. What am I doing wrong?

I tried searching on the forums for answer but haven't been able to find one so I apologize if this has already been answered.

Many thanks.

Bgraywolf

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest solution is to put a basic pipe( connected to your pipe network of course) on the side of the machine configured to eject the material. On machines that don't autoeject, you have to setup a chassis pipe with an extractor to pull the items out.

Arimus

Jul 29, 2019
It was powered as I was able to request the dust and the output pipe was connected to the same network.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I think you will need a satellite pipe attached to a chest, that is plopped next to the pulverizers output. I will have to make a test instance to check.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
I know that some people were having issue with TE and LP because of the TE machines auto eject not registering properly with LP (LP apparently wants to extract the product from the machine when crafting) so maybe turn off the auto eject?

Arimus

Jul 29, 2019
I know that some people were having issue with TE and LP because of the TE machines auto eject not registering properly with LP (LP apparently wants to extract the product from the machine when crafting) so maybe turn off the auto eject?
I am not sure what you mean by "turn off auto eject" but if I disable the output of the pulverizer, then pipes can't connect at all.

Arimus

Jul 29, 2019
I have done more testing and setting a basic logistics pipe to the output side of a pulverizer does work, however the dust is not sent to the request pipe from where I requested it but to the first available inventory. I guess this is usable for now. Still have to check version 1.0.13 of the direwolf20 pack. Not sure if anything changed.

joseff amador

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure there's a better solution, but one thing I thought of was to simply make a separate chest that keeps certain dust(s) in stock, so when you request dust, you receive it from that chest. This causes your "dust supply chest" to drop in supplies which, if you have a passive supply module on that chest, would force your Logistics Crafting Pipe (hooked to a Pulverizer) to make requests to the network in order to pulverize more dust. This dust, as per post #10, would end up being ejected into the logistics network again, and would hopefully land in the "dust supply chest" again (set that chest to request those dusts with a Item Sink module).

Did that make sense? lol :p

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Y'all are over-engineering this.

A Crafting Logistics Pipe does not care what side of the block has the output as long as the block HAS an output. So, what you need to do is set up the Logistics Crafting Pipe on the input (blue) side of the Pulverizer, and set the Pulverizer Output to a side which does not connect to a pipe or inventory. The Logistics Crafting Pipe will happily stuff in the ingot and pull the dust out, all from the same side. I like to set the output on the side where I connect the energy conduit, so I'm certain I never accidentally connect an inventory.

This works for other TE machines as well. Remember that if the recipe has a secondary output (say, Induction Smelter Cinnabar and Ferrous Ore) you'll need the Crafting Byproduct Extraction Upgrade to get it into the network.