Using internal GPU instead of NVIDIA card

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Sternacus

Jun 5, 2022
When I launch the game it looks like my NVIDIA GPU will spike once and switch to using the internal one. I have a GTC 2060 super and an i7. I am unsure why this is happening and is causing frame drops down to 20. Any ideas?

FallenRecruit

Jun 7, 2022
Switching to the dedicated Nvidia GPU
- First, open the Nvidia Control Panel. One way to do that is right-clicking on an empty space on the desktop and choosing Nvidia Control Panel from the menu.
- Navigate to 3D Settings > Manage 3D Settings.
- Open the tab Program Settings and choose the game from the dropdown menu.
- Next, select the preferred graphics processor for this program from the second dropdown. Your Nvidia GPU should show as High performance Nvidia processor.

Finally, save your changes. Your game should now run with the dedicated Nvidia GPU.

Sternacus

Jun 5, 2022
Switching to the dedicated Nvidia GPU
- First, open the Nvidia Control Panel. One way to do that is right-clicking on an empty space on the desktop and choosing Nvidia Control Panel from the menu.
- Navigate to 3D Settings > Manage 3D Settings.
- Open the tab Program Settings and choose the game from the dropdown menu.
- Next, select the preferred graphics processor for this program from the second dropdown. Your Nvidia GPU should show as High performance Nvidia processor.

Finally, save your changes. Your game should now run with the dedicated Nvidia GPU.
i dont have a second drop down
Capture 1.PNG

FallenRecruit

Jun 7, 2022
Alright then, let's try this

Switching To dedicated GPU using windows display settings
-First, open Display settings by right-clicking an empty space on the desktop
-Towards the bottom should be "Graphics settings"
-Click browse then navigate to "%localappdata%\.ftba\bin\runtime\"
-For each JDK folder there is, open the folder named bin then select the javaw.exe
-next click on the newly added program, then options, select High performance and save

Hope this helps