Using a 1.4.5 seed with FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Sickbeard

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Guys,

My buddies and I are preparing to generate a new world when the new FTB pack comes out and I'm hoping we can use a seed we used with vanilla which really rocks.

My question is that if we use it when generating with FTB, will it spawn all the ores and extras we need to use the mods or are we safer just going with a random world?[DOUBLEPOST=1356124627][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw, the seed is WTF

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Seeds don't magically exclude content.

The problem you will run into is that Redpower Volcanoes and everything in Extra Biomes XL are going to wind up reshaping the seed, and it's likely to not turn out the way you saw it in vanilla.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Well download the beta pack and try it out. You won't have volcanoes yet, but you can see what the extra biomes will look like.

Froghandler

Jul 29, 2019
The world generation between FtB and Vanilla is completely different because of Extrabiomes. As a result, the world you generate with FtB will look nothing like the one in vanilla.

SCAL37

Jul 29, 2019
The world generation between FtB and Vanilla is completely different because of Extrabiomes. As a result, the world you generate with FtB will look nothing like the one in vanilla.
Unless you remove Extrabiomes, but then you lose out on some nice blocks and trees.