Uses for soul shards

WaterPhoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Hello:)
Are there any other uses for soul shard except XP farms?
Why would anyone need tons of bones, rotten flesh etc.?
Thanks for the help (=

__HATE__

Jul 29, 2019
Creeper spawn trap so you can get tons of gunpowder for industrial TnT which is used to make Iridium plates. Other then that I don't use them, I have a tier 5 skeleton and tier 5 zombie shard sitting in a chest and have no use for them.

Jord5i

Jul 29, 2019
Well, bones for bonemal, gunpowder for tnt, blaze rods are required in a few mods, ender pearls because they are needed for some mods. The rotten flesh isn't too useful, besides for thaumcraft purposes.

WaterPhoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Well, bones for bonemal, gunpowder for tnt, blaze rods are required in a few mods, ender pearls because they are needed for some mods. The rotten flesh isn't too useful, besides for thaumcraft purposes.
what can you do with hundreds of bonemeal?

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
A T5 blaze shard can produce a fair bit of power.

With melee turtles, zombies will drop iron ingot/equipment.
Pigzombie- same again, but for a lot of gold.
Wither skeleton- coal, skulls. (nether star farm with MFFS and frames)

With Gregtech, rotten flesh can produce methane. (you also need enderpearls for the endgame stuff).
I think gunpowder can be back processed, and then made into fertiliser (forestry peat/humus production)
Thaumcraft- rotten flesh makes magic tallow, blaze rods contain praecantatio/fire (can be coupled with charcoal/cobblestone to make unlimited alumentum).

WaterPhoenix

Jul 29, 2019
A T5 blaze shard can produce a fair bit of power.

With melee turtles, zombies will drop iron ingot/equipment.
Pigzombie- same again, but for a lot of gold.
Wither skeleton- coal, skulls. (nether star farm with MFFS and frames)

With Gregtech, rotten flesh can produce methane. (you also need enderpearls for the endgame stuff).
I think gunpowder can be back processed, and then made into fertiliser (forestry peat/humus production)
Thaumcraft- rotten flesh makes magic tallow, blaze rods contain praecantatio/fire (can be coupled with charcoal/cobblestone to make unlimited alumentum).
these are nice ideas, thanks:)
what do you think is the best way to kill a lot of nether mobs?

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
for pigman: do a pilar and shoot pigman from there.

and enderpearl dust can be used instead of scrap in the matter fab

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
these are nice ideas, thanks:)
what do you think is the best way to kill a lot of nether mobs?

2013-01-20_160310_zps2e01705c.png

Jord5i

Jul 29, 2019
what can you do with hundreds of bonemeal?
well at a certain point you won't need it anymore, but for quickly growing some food and trees it's certainly nice. Also the skeletons give arrows which is definitely quite useful (mining lasers aren't great as a long-range weapon, they're not supposed to be.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
I'm sorry, but shouldn't you use the 'soul-stealer' enchant?
you just go around killing zombie pigmen?
thanks again

I was trying to get soul-stealer, but I actually prefer what I got instead.

So I just run around splatting pig zombies- and used the exp to make it a diamond sword with the uncrafting table. Its brilliant- 2 hit kills on endermen.

WaterPhoenix

Jul 29, 2019
I was trying to get soul-stealer, but I actually prefer what I got instead.

So I just run around splatting pig zombies- and used the exp to make it a diamond sword with the uncrafting table. Its brilliant- 2 hit kills on endermen.
Ok, thanks
I have a smite book, so i will try to get soul-stealer and add smite

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
You can now make passive mob soul shards so you'll never run out of leather for your bookshelves ever again.

gusgillis1

Jul 29, 2019
What bonemesl update?
In 1.5, Bonemeal is getting a nerf, making is so bonemeal will upgrade the "stage" of the plant, such as saplings have 2 stages, so when you plant it and bonemeal it, it will go through the first stage instantly, then you bonemeal it again, and it will grow, with something like wheat, I think it has somelthing like 7 stages, which are the visiual growing stages of wheat, so you will have to bonemeal wheat 7 times before it will grow to full wheat. :)

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
Well rotten flesh could feed a recycler to get scrap in place of cobble or whatever (Yeah its easier to just make a TBM or cobble gen but doesn't seem as cool as zombie power for your UU production)

QuantumPugilist

Jul 29, 2019
There's plans in the works for soul powered contrapulations, such as tools and armors. The first teaser of this was in DW20s S4E9 SMP LP, 22 minutes in.

The soul holder thingy is stunning; one of my favorite looking mod blocks.