Uses for cobblestone

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Akeldama280

Jul 29, 2019
As i am sure many of you have this same problem. I have a quarry running almost constantly, and as such, I get about 20 barrels of cobblestone. I would just burn it or something, but i hate doing that. So are there any uses for cobblestone?

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Creating a flaming spout of blocks, falling from the heavens.

In all seriousness, recycle it for a bunch of scrap.

Reactions: seannyyx

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
I find that cobblestone makes for the most interesting of noise makers. One can simply set up a relay to throw all items towards lava and then sit back as the annoyance ensues.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
*resists...urge...to...find...previous...post...about...cobble's...uses...*
*TOO STRONG* :eek:

Oh, an extra cobblestone question. You're not using your cobble correctly if you have "too much".

Cobblestone:
Stone
Stone Brick
Glass
Glass Panes
Obsidian
Sand (Two ways!)
Sandstone (All 3 kinds)
Saltpeter
Silicon Plates
Copper
Tin
Electrum
Gold (Two ways!)
Silver
Diamonds
Brass
Bronze
Tungsten
Lava
Glass Fibre Cables (Yes.)
Pneumatic Tubes
Cobblestone/Stone/Sandstone/Gravel/Diamond/Gold/Iron Pipes...everything except Emerald, seems like.
Gravel
Flint
Advanced Alloy
Iron
Monitor (ComputerCraft)

Do you have too much of any of these?
Because there's more, that I probably just forgot.

Scrap
UU Matter=almost infinite possibilities

And you could filter it into lava, but that's what we call *Yawn*.

Oh yeah, everything on that list is just Cobblestone+Energy. No additional items required, except for the machines.

Whoa...can you make Advanced Alloy? Tungsten, Tin, and Bronze? Eh, not too sure, but there are like 40 recipes for it.

Reactions: Mero

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Unless you're in a playthrough where you can't use one of 10 million cobble generators, that doesn't seem useful, though it's a good idea. Reminds me of EE2 turning stone into slabs into emc into stone.

olevaar

Jul 29, 2019
You could also turn it into sand and use it on an induction smelter, but you don't need as much as a quarry produces. Recycling seems like a good option as well.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
What people do is igneous extruder-pulverizer-induction smelter because you don't want to store your cobble and not have enough when you need it.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
set up a couple railcraft rock crushers. turn the cobble into gravel, and then crush the gravel into sand with a chance of gold and diamonds. Then take the sand and make it into all the various versions of sandstone for your huge desert construction projects.

back in 1.2.5, I set up an automatic RP splitter that would split half the cobble and convert it into stone, then half of the stone into stone bricks through the auto crafting table mk II. The cobble line I split again into cobble and sand, and then split the sand line to sand and glass. The sand went and filled any induction smelters first, then the remaining went into storage. So, only a small portion of my cobble stayed cobble. The rest got converted into much more useful products.

if you have nether bees, combine some sand along with the nether bee output in a squeezer to make lava. (magma crucibles also work). Take the lava and centrifuge it out to gold, silver, copper and tin.

There are lots and lots of uses for cobble beyond recycling, but it does take time to get all the various systems in place.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
set up a couple railcraft rock crushers. turn the cobble into gravel, and then crush the gravel into sand with a chance of gold and diamonds. Then take the sand and make it into all the various versions of sandstone for your huge desert construction projects.

back in 1.2.5, I set up an automatic RP splitter that would split half the cobble and convert it into stone, then half of the stone into stone bricks through the auto crafting table mk II. The cobble line I split again into cobble and sand, and then split the sand line to sand and glass. The sand went and filled any induction smelters first, then the remaining went into storage. So, only a small portion of my cobble stayed cobble. The rest got converted into much more useful products.

if you have nether bees, combine some sand along with the nether bee output in a squeezer to make lava. (magma crucibles also work). Take the lava and centrifuge it out to gold, silver, copper and tin.

There are lots and lots of uses for cobble beyond recycling, but it does take time to get all the various systems in place.
You missed a couple ;)

Cobblestone:
Stone
Stone Brick
Glass
Glass Panes
Obsidian
Sand (Two ways!)
Sandstone (All 3 kinds)
Saltpeter
Silicon Plates
Copper
Tin
Electrum
Gold (Two ways!)
Silver
Diamonds
Brass
Bronze
Tungsten
Lava
Glass Fibre Cables (Yes.)
Pneumatic Tubes
Cobblestone/Stone/Sandstone/Gravel/Diamond/Gold/Iron Pipes...everything except Emerald, seems like.
Gravel
Flint
Advanced Alloy
Iron
Monitor (ComputerCraft)

Do you have too much of any of these?
Because there's more, that I probably just forgot.

Scrap
UU Matter=almost infinite possibilities

And you could filter it into lava, but that's what we call *Yawn*.

Oh yeah, everything on that list is just Cobblestone+Energy. No additional items required, except for the machines.

Whoa...can you make Advanced Alloy? Tungsten, Tin, and Bronze? Eh, not too sure, but there are like 40 recipes for it.

Then again, I probably did too :p

Someguy

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a non-silly use for cobblestone in the early(ish) game...

I like to set up a Factorization furnace heater next to one or two regular furnaces, and I pipe cobblestone into those. It gets cooked back to stone, I pop out the stacks for a wee bit of xp and then... do whatever with the stone.

It doesn't do much for reducing the amount of "stuff" you have, but it's basically a little bit of free xp every time you pass by those machines. Before you get a soul-shard xp farm set up, that's not such a bad thing, especially since it's totally free.

Akeldama280

Jul 29, 2019
So diamonds from cobblestone? Its cobble to to flint flint to clay clay to clay blocks clay blocks to iron iron to gold and gold to diamonds?

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
diamonds from cobble is just a rock crusher twice.

Technically an infinite process if you have unlimited MJ and a cobblegen (more technically, a gravel gen) but a slow process.

I remember setting up 8 of the buggers and getting a diamond a day or so. It does however provide you with gold and sand, which is lovely.

I think even more impressive is the cobble -> magma crucible -> lava -> centrifuge for electrum, cobble -> pulverizer -> sand -> furnace for glass and then cobble ->crusher -> gravel -> crusher for diamond and THEN get free glass cables, but that's just me.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, it's settled.
Cobble is op. NERF ALL THE COBBLE!!

I'm thinking cut half of it down in the world. Make more layers of grass, sand/stone, marble, and more ores.
MORE ORES, LESS COBBLE!
*campaign slogan*

Reactions: ApSciLiara

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, it's settled.
Cobble is op. NERF ALL THE COBBLE!!

I'm thinking cut half of it down in the world. Make more layers of grass, sand/stone, marble, and more ores.
MORE ORES, LESS COBBLE!
*campaign slogan*
Cobble is underpowered! Give us more cobble! We must have more!
VOTE COBBLESTONE 2013