Uranium turtle

Gilliam

Jul 29, 2019
Hi peeps.
Simply put I need uranium but don't currently need to run a quarry for any other resources so was thinking turtles !!! BUT. I've never used turtles. I don't mind researching but is there a way to programme a turtle to mine only uranium ?

Thanks

Ps. Sorry if this thread is in wrong place

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
No, there is not
But you could use the MFR mining laser to generate uranium or the Digital Miner from Mek to target only uranium

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
turtle.compare() compares a block to the block in its hand. It returns a bool. ThatOneSlowking should check the CC wiki.
I think @ThatOneSlowking is very well aware of the turtle functionality, but let me propose this question to you: How are you going to get the turtle to the Uranium ore to make it compare it? Only way is to do something like the AustinKK script and mine every 3rd layer.

For simplicity and lower server/fps load you might as well just quarry using an Enderquarry or similar solution. Or you could go for the very good advice and use the Laser drill with lots of proper focus to get lots of Uranium. Another alternative is beekeeping and breed the radioactive bees.

Think that Uranium is also "Ore dictioned" the same as Yellorium and Pitchblende, so if you got access to either you might be able to swap those over using a Unifier/Autodictionary thingy etc.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I think @ThatOneSlowking is very well aware of the turtle functionality, but let me propose this question to you: How are you going to get the turtle to the Uranium ore to make it compare it? Only way is to do something like the AustinKK script and mine every 3rd layer.

For simplicity and lower server/fps load you might as well just quarry using an Enderquarry or similar solution. Or you could go for the very good advice and use the Laser drill with lots of proper focus to get lots of Uranium. Another alternative is beekeeping and breed the radioactive bees.

Think that Uranium is also "Ore dictioned" the same as Yellorium and Pitchblende, so if you got access to either you might be able to swap those over using a Unifier/Autodictionary thingy etc.
I suppose. I was thinking along the lines of mine stone, replace. Mine stone, replace. And so on.

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
Hi peeps.
Simply put I need uranium but don't currently need to run a quarry for any other resources so was thinking turtles !!! BUT. I've never used turtles. I don't mind researching but is there a way to programme a turtle to mine only uranium ?

Thanks

Ps. Sorry if this thread is in wrong place

Mekanism Digital Miner can collect only the ores you specify.

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
There is also a bee that does that, but i suppose you didn't even start bees, otherwise you wouldn't even be thinking about excavating something :p

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
There is also a bee that does that, but i suppose you didn't even start bees, otherwise you wouldn't even be thinking about excavating something :p

Last I checked the the radioactive bees haven't been updated to produce uranium properly.