ur-ghast and power armor

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering if ur-ghast can destroy your power armor helm, because i just lost mine to the ur ghast.

ff255away

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it can.

::EDIT::
most mobs in TF have the rust effect, which causes armor to take additional damage. This bypasses armor that doesn't take damage, including power armor.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I lost mine, too. Can't complain too much though... It's nice to have *something* that's capable of threatening someone wearing MPS.

trust me, throw a dart at something and it'll stick.. tons of creepers and mobs attacking at once, when stuck. Falling into lava that someone just then put water on so it obsidians over you, uh... lack of power/forgetting to recharge. Name it you'll fall to it...

Good news is you dont NEED to get hit while in power armor against the urgast.

Tho rust is incredibly annoying and I wouldn't mind so much if you could just repair the helm effectively.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
so using an uncrafting table makes my helmet not break when fighting an ur ghast?

of course! that makes sense, why didn't I think that before?

No but as a response to the post right above mine as a way to effectively repair the helmet it makes a lot of sense.....

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Or you could, y'know. Use an anvil.

That didn't work since the anvil wouldn't recognise the wiring, the table did, just one of those oddities in modded MC (or at least it didn't work when I tried the anvil with vanilla recipes turned off, using TE recipes)

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
No but as a response to the post right above mine as a way to effectively repair the helmet it makes a lot of sense.....

i guess that's what the reply button is for.

and since it doesn't have durability, and by reading the OP, the helmet completely breaks when it gets hit, not just a bit of durability down.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
i guess that's what the reply button is for.

and since it doesn't have durability, and by reading the OP, the helmet completely breaks when it gets hit, not just a bit of durability down.

The MPS helmet has durability. I even remember a post on here where somebody had their MPS helm halfway broken.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know if its possible for an advanced solar helmet (nano + advanced solar) to break? i lost one in the server i play but i dont know if it was because my internet lagged like crazy and it dropped it or its because it actually broke (i was in the twilight at the time)

The MPS helmet has durability. I even remember a post on here where somebody had their MPS helm halfway broken.

now that i think about it... I also had a half broken helmet, but it happened right after I installed the food module, so i thought it was the amount of food you had

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know if its possible for an advanced solar helmet (nano + advanced solar) to break? i lost one in the server i play but i dont know if it was because my internet lagged like crazy and it dropped it or its because it actually broke (i was in the twilight at the time)

now that i think about it... I also had a half broken helmet, but it happened right after I installed the food module, so i thought it was the amount of food you had

Might be that. Armor pieces that run on electricity tend to have their durability indicated by the amount of charge they have, but obviously that doesn't happen with the MPS armor pieces.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I can attest to the fact that the Power Suit helmet does actually have durability loss when hit by the Ur-Ghast.

And I too, can attest to the fact that you can repair it using the Uncrafting Table.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I've lost mine as well in the same fashion.

But if you place the helmet in the uncrafting table, do you retain your add on modules?

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019

But if you place the helmet in the uncrafting table, do you retain your add on modules?

Heavily doubtful. The modules can't be put anywhere, and the modules are stored in NBT data I believe, as well as their settings.

Reactions: RedBoss

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
if that's the case I'd try and creative modeing a helm in testing it and if it doesn't I'd try and remove all modules before doing it

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019

Yes you keep the modules it only restores the lost durability.

(EDIT: or at least mine did, blah blah standard disclaimer, if the problem persists see your proctologist....)