Upgrading the Magnetostatic Engine

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
So, I am having troubles with the upgrades.

I have the magnetizer going perfectly and everything so I can get the Tier 2 upgrade.

Do I magnetize a shaft core then use it in the recipe to create the upgrade?

Or do I craft the upgrade then... Magnetize it?

Confused... Thanks for any answers.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
The second one IIRC. You may as well do the summoning ritual. Want me to?
Hell, I'll do it for you.
DRAGON DAEMON FROM THE STARS! I CAST YOUR SYMBOL IN THE FLESH OF MY FOES AND INVOKE YOUR TRUE NAME! I SUMMON YOU, @Reika, DEFILER OF STARS, HOARDER OF SHINY THINGS!

Reactions: Not_Steve

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
The second one IIRC. You may as well do the summoning ritual. Want me to?
Hell, I'll do it for you.
DRAGON DAEMON FROM THE STARS! I CAST YOUR SYMBOL IN THE FLESH OF MY FOES AND INVOKE YOUR TRUE NAME! I SUMMON YOU, @Reika, DEFILER OF STARS, HOARDER OF SHINY THINGS!

I'm not sure if that was satanic or not.

Whatever get's @Reika here. Haha

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
YOU FOOL! INVOKE THE NAME CORRECTLY! OR RISK THE WRATH OF THE DRAGON!
Actually, really, you really only need to do it once, and I did it for you. Anymore then once per issue is annoying I'd wager. And Reika is a pretty cool guy for taking the time on these forums to even reply to people.
...Though I admit, I haven't checked the book yet to see if it has the info on how that tier works, so it may be in there. Busy at the moment anyway, trying to make Minecraft play nice with all the new mods I added again.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
YOU FOOL! INVOKE THE NAME CORRECTLY! OR RISK THE WRATH OF THE DRAGON!
Actually, really, you really only need to do it once, and I did it for you. Anymore then once per issue is annoying I'd wager. And Reika is a pretty cool guy for taking the time on these forums to even reply to people.
...Though I admit, I haven't checked the book yet to see if it has the info on how that tier works, so it may be in there. Busy at the moment anyway, trying to make Minecraft play nice with all the new mods I added again.

My bad, wont happen again.

RotaryCraft is an amazing mod that is complex but confuses me sometimes haha.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
My bad, wont happen again.

RotaryCraft is an amazing mod that is complex but confuses me sometimes haha.
I'm not an admin, you can literally ignore anything I say and generally be fine. Like I said, it's likely annoying. Reika is a busy guy. Probably doesn't respond to all summoning attempts either.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
I've taken to calling it an explosion of educated awesome. Mayhem by math, for another. :p

Some of the outright craziest by power level stuff in any mod and Reika is seemingly just getting warmed up. :eek:

You might try looking up Reika's YouTube channel. There are several helpful videos. Fusion reactors are massive. The tile entity accelerator that's coming to GeoStrata is lunacy. o_O

Reika's channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXZrHHIUz0QUvsRrXl0hPhg

Reactions: YX33A

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
I've taken to calling it an explosion of educated awesome. Mayhem by math, for another. :p

Some of the outright craziest by power level stuff in any mod and Reika is seemingly just getting warmed up. :eek:

You might try looking up Reika's YouTube channel. There are several helpful videos. Fusion reactors are massive. The tile entity accelerator that's coming to GeoStrata is lunacy. o_O

Reika's channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXZrHHIUz0QUvsRrXl0hPhg
That didn't really have what I was looking for, but his world is absolutely amazing :O

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So, I am having troubles with the upgrades.

I have the magnetizer going perfectly and everything so I can get the Tier 2 upgrade.

Do I magnetize a shaft core then use it in the recipe to create the upgrade?

Or do I craft the upgrade then... Magnetize it?

Confused... Thanks for any answers.
You craft the upgrade and then magnetize that. Note that it cannot be input via automation, and must be placed manually, but can be magnetized 16 at a time.

Reactions: YX33A and Padfoote

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
You craft the upgrade and then magnetize that. Note that it cannot be input via automation, and must be placed manually, but can be magnetized 16 at a time.

Hmmm interesting. When I put my upgrade in the magnetizer, running off of 3 gas engines, it wouldn't appear to gain any microT.

Guess I'll have to try again when I get home.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Hmmm interesting. When I put my upgrade in the magnetizer, running off of 3 gas engines, it wouldn't appear to gain any microT.

Guess I'll have to try again when I get home.

Make sure it has an alternating redstone signal. I've made that mistake a few times.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
I forgot to mention that I did have the redstone clock setup. It can magnetize shaft cores but doesn't appear to work on the upgrades

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
fd8.gif

16 at a time? noice

Reactions: Dezz