Updating Server

Rasmuff

Jul 29, 2019
So there is a new update for Infinity that came out recently and I was curious if the server files need to be updated and if so, whats the best process to update them?

Any feedback helps!

triwithms

Jul 29, 2019
I would be helpful to have a section that is easy to find on how to update a server, I have the same question about which folders to keep vs overwrite with a new server.

Anyone know where a post is describing how to update?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I would be helpful to have a section that is easy to find on how to update a server, I have the same question about which folders to keep vs overwrite with a new server.

Anyone know where a post is describing how to update?
Delete the mods, config, and scripts folders, then put in the folders from the update. Keep the world folder.

Do not just overwrite the mods folder. This can result in duplicate mods, which means an unhappy Forge.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I have different directory for different server versions. Meaning that I get all the new files create a new directory look if it works and copy over the world.
resulting in a file tree like this. note the numbers are made up

ftb/infinity/version1
ftb/infinity/version2

This makes it in my experience easy to switch back if the new version doesn't work with your world for some reason or there is another reason you want to switch back.