Updating server and clients help?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

youronlysin

Jul 29, 2019
Is it really this difficult? To be honest, this is the most difficult to use forum setup I have ever experienced. Call me an idiot but just searching for general information has been terribly time consuming and has provided me with zero results.

I have FTB Lite 3 server installed on one pc as well as FTB clients (one on the same server pc and one on a separate pc). Both clients were notified of mod updates, so they updated. All this means is that I need to update the server as well. This leads to me to my issue. How do I update the server and retain the client's world with all of their current buildings, inventory, etc? It never used to be difficult to do. Ive made backups, copied things like "World" folders, server properties file, etc. I can get the updated server to run fine, and updated clients can connect fine, as well, but their world is gone. Copying and pasting the original World folder, server properties file, ops file has done nothing.

I realize that there must be a procedure that I need to read through....I just cant find it. Also, the clients get a simple popup that states there are mod updates available and they can click yes or no to update. What the heck is the deal with the server updates? I have to completely download the whole server file and install it manually? If that's the case, what the heck do I have to keep from the original to make sure the existing world doesn't disappear?

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
It is packmaker's error that update notifications are still enabled, you should always ignore them (And also modmakers error for making the notifications enabled by default).

If you want to update a single mod it's extremely simple. Download new version and put it in the mods\ folder, then delete old version. That's all for both server and client. But since you play FTB packs, you should never update mods manually. Update as whole modpacks.

Updating a modpack for server:
- Download server from FTB launcher.
- Rename old server folder to _old_server_ or something.
- Extract new server with name of the server folder.
- Copy world folder, server.properties and eula.txt from _old_server_. And i think you're set.