updating mods

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

cg1238

Jul 29, 2019
When I go into my minecraft world it says something like "there is a new version of blahblahblah" "blah blah blah is out of date" can someone please tell me how I update these? I have force update on but it doesn't seem to do anything.

DamagePlan

Jul 29, 2019
Generally people use mod packs because they don't want the hassle of individually managing mods. The packs don't always have the latest version. The simplest reason for this is compatibility and testing.

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't want to wait for the pack itself to update, you need to go download the updated mod yourself. Easy enough to do, but usually not necessary unless the update has big/important changes to the mod

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
I think he (and I) wanted to know how to update mods or add mods to an existing pack. So after downloading, what is needing to be done?

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Click the edit modpack button while you have the modpack you want to change selected, select the mod you are updating, click disable, then click Add Mod, navigate to the new file, select it, then click open.

Reactions: InThayne

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
Great and very succinct! Never saw the add mod button, thank you! So the mod doesn't need to be in the modpack folder then (or is added with this button)? Also, is everything covered with the universal configs as far as popular mods, no ID conflicts and such?

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
Great and very succinct! Never saw the add mod button, thank you! So the mod doesn't need to be in the modpack folder then (or is added with this button)? Also, is everything covered with the universal configs as far as popular mods, no ID conflicts and such?
Make sure you back up the whole instance (mods/config/saves) before you change anything, universal might not have been updated to the latest version you're going to use

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
sometimes there are reasons the packs aren't updated to the latest releases. World eating bugs being the main ome