Updating forge in unstable pack

Tomnickles

Jul 29, 2019
There is no forge file in the 1.7.2(unstable pack) mod folder. I tried to download the installer but there is no bin folder in the ftb 1.7.2 folder.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
There is no forge file in the 1.7.2(unstable pack) mod folder. I tried to download the installer but there is no bin folder in the ftb 1.7.2 folder.

Sorry @Tomnickles. I was in major derp mode... So much so that I did not realise that @Yusunoha's method is for the mods themselves and not for the forge update itself. Somebody shoot me!

Okay, this is how you update forge....

Download the forge client for the MC version that you need or in some case, the mod you want to use has recommended. Some mods specifically mention 1024 and above, 1032 and above, etc.

Then run the exe, or if using jar, execute it with the java executable. Then forge application will automagically detect your minecraft profile dir and depending on the version, select the version that it will "update". Just accept the defaults.

You will be informed that the new forge version enabled minecraft instance was written to dir named "1.7.2-forge.xx.0.xx.xxxx".

Launch your MC launcher, and start the profile with the last 4 digits that resemble the forge version you updated... You will get the modded MC launcer window with the 3 mods added 3 mods active message on the start screen... It means all is well in the land of Minecraftia. ;) Makes sense?

So, once again, sorry man..... What was I thinking anyway when I read the OP in the first place!
[makes favourite noise "BLARGWWAARGGFFLLL" and bows out]

EDIT: Make it easy on yourself... Use one of the launchers in the market ;) Hint.. Hint...

tiarnia

Jul 29, 2019
Must...resist...urge...to...

... this is not helping

the unstable pack needs updated cause almost any mod you add that's coming out for 1.7.2 needs a newer version of forge. if FTB is not manually upgrade able just say so or tell us how to upgrade it not post BS

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
... this is not helping

the unstable pack needs updated cause almost any mod you add that's coming out for 1.7.2 needs a newer version of forge. if FTB is not manually upgrade able just say so or tell us how to upgrade it not post BS
When I tried it out, I had the same issue. It was, to me, easier to use the vanilla launcher to update Forge and just drag any mods that weren't updated, into the vanilla mods folder. Plus the ftb launcher either freezes my PC or takes a really long time to load.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Could this be done in MultiMC or does MultiMC not have access to the latest 1.7 compatible forge?

Azagal73

Jul 29, 2019
Could this be done in MultiMC or does MultiMC not have access to the latest 1.7 compatible forge?

If you create a new 1.7.2 instance in MMC, install forge, and then copy over the config directory and mods directory from the ftb instance you have a working version in MMC.

ReaperGuy666

Jul 29, 2019
(In a calm voice, he replies) I came here to get some help on how to change Forge for the Unstable modpack and all I see is a comedy routine. We need a straight forward answer, because what I've gotten so far is "Blah Blah Blah." If you REALLY know how to install Forge properly, then you may reply. Otherwise, don't waste my time. If I want to see a comedy routine or hear comments from angry people, then I'll go down to the local grade school. Thank you and have a nice day. :)

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
(In a calm voice, he replies) I came here to get some help on how to change Forge for the Unstable modpack and all I see is a comedy routine. We need a straight forward answer, because what I've gotten so far is "Blah Blah Blah." If you REALLY know how to install Forge properly, then you may reply. Otherwise, don't waste my time. If I want to see a comedy routine or hear comments from angry people, then I'll go down to the local grade school. Thank you and have a nice day. :)
You must be new here. If you use your powers of necromancy on a thread that has been dead for over a month, you get this.

ReaperGuy666

Jul 29, 2019
You must be new here. If you use your powers of necromancy on a thread that has been dead for over a month, you get this.
How about getting a response from someone who actually wants to help instead of being a smart alec. If you don't want to help then DON"T COMMENT!

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
How about getting a response from someone who actually wants to help instead of being a smart alec. If you don't want to help then DON"T COMMENT!
How about you calm down and notice that this is what the FTB Forum does, and you aren't qualified to change it. I'm pretty famous, and I'm still not qualified to change it. Nobody can change the internet, only the internet collectively.

ReaperGuy666

Jul 29, 2019
Now that the last guy is being ignored. Will someone please help me with my issue? I have tried everything and nothing works. All I need is one tiny little answer and it's all done.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
if you have multi MC installed you can just create a new instance install forge version you require(multiMC can install any version you need from the edit mods menu) then just copy the mods and config folders over

Reactions: RedBoss

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
Now that the last guy is being ignored. Will someone please help me with my issue? I have tried everything and nothing works. All I need is one tiny little answer and it's all done.
Well, maybe it's not such a tiny little answer. Messing with the Forge installed in Unstable gets pretty close to having to mess with the FTB launcher internals, which is undocumented and probably not very safe.

Your best bet is probably to grab MultiMC instead. If you configure it to do so, it can pick up mod packs right out of the FTB launcher, and I'm pretty sure it will provide a much better interface for updating Forge.